Fritz comes marching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fritz comes marching!

Frederick the Great has been released. It's available for download on my site, here: http://www.tecumseh.150m.com/ Let me know if there are any glitches or errors that I've missed. Thanks to Fairline and AGRICOLA, and to my playtesters. Enjoy!
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Man, I must try this one. And i must say. I those new Swedish units.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Good stuff - Sorry for not getting the report to you, Tech!

But I reckon the guys on the beta thread covered all
      bases better than I ever could...And the main thing
      is, the scenario is tremendous fun to play...

Makes me wish I had a fine whig to wear!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yolleray Yolleroo / all to the war we go!!!

Comment

@techumseh

I don't know why you are thanking me.

In Feb 1760, Freddy and his merry men, en-route to Alsace and Lorraine, were marching through Hesse when they got sucker punched once again by you combining the perfidious French and the treacherous Imperials. Afterwards, Freddy is reported to have snarled in his best english to a British military observer, "Das war like ein Kuchen mit zwei Layers. Was ist next? Ein gottverdammte Kuchen mit drei Layers?".

From that, and Freddy's other misadventures, I have learned to my regret that you are an exceedingly sneaky, thoroughly unpricipled and disgustingly clever person. . . . . . . . . . . . [full of admiration] the only kind of individual who can develop a great scen like FTG![/full of admiration]
          Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
          Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

I thank you for two reasons. One; you hex-edited an alliance between the Poles (barbs) and all the other civs, so they are permanently neutral, and two; frustrating your ingenious, marginally legal and unanticipated strategies has improved my scenarios greatly, besides giving me a great deal of pleasure.

I forgot to thank Curt in the readme for his excellent cities, so I will do so here, and correct the readme in the near future.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Woah. After the mammoth gestation of WoC, this was rolled out pretty quickly. Looking forward to trying it out. After my exams.
              STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

No worries, techumseh!

Helping you with this awesome scen in any small way is a pleasure.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Freddy's Fix

Here's a fix for the unreliable event around the British army in Hanover. I'm pretty sure this now works every time. There's also an updated Readme html file. I'll make the changes to the download tomorrow.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Freddy's Fix

oops.
                    Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I downloaded the latest version of FTG and took a fairly good look at it. Unfortunately, I will have to continue my game with the old events file. If I replace the file with the latest version, the Prussians get no reinforcements. So, I won't be able to incorporate the reduced reinforcements.

The resource icons are fine except for the jarring note introduced by silkworms in the forests of Europe where spruce budworms were much more likely to be found. May I suggest replacing the worm with lumber as a forest trade commodity. Shipyards did use a lot of it.

A bit of search among my downloads found two good looking piles of lumber in:
                      Eivind's Colonialization
                      Cyrion's Pomarj

Here's what Eivind's looks like. Or, if you prefer, Cyrion's has a wicked looking axe stuck in one of the logs.
                      Attached Files
                      Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

They had (and have) silk production in Europe. More in Italy and France than Germany, I suppose. But I really like the graphic.

You really should try the new files when you finish this game. It takes longer to research 'British Subsidy',
                        'flight' has been added to the tech tree (as 'tariffs') and I reduced the costs of city improvements by a lot. The Hanovarian reinforcements now arrive reliably, but in fewer numbers.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I´ve downloaded the scenario yesterday and I can say: Wow, great scenario.

Also the graphics are fantastic.
                          American War of Independence
                          A Divided Nation - US Civilwar

Comment

Rats it was my intention to play it today but right now something come up... I'll play it tomorrow night - currently i'm 500 km away from home...

Comment

My apologies.

I'm really sorry. My new fix for the Hanoverian events has failed also. Both approaches used masks, and both worked in a test using cheatmode, ie. creating French units right at the start of the scenario to take the requisite cities to see if the events work. Both failed however, when I played a full game and 20 turns later the French took the trigger cities, and nothing happened.

Here is a simpler solution that DOES work in a full game. The trigger is simply the capture of Hanover by anyone. It's not as sophisticated, but unless the other three British cities are captured before Hanover, which is highly unlikely, it will work just fine.

This has the extra benefit of freeing up some events space, which I have used to give a 50% chance of a Prussian General being spawned each April reinforcement turn. Download the new events file below. The download on my site has been fixed, too.

If you have already started a game, and don't want to start over, please don't fret. As soon as the French capture Hanover from the British, go to cheat mode and give the British tech 97, C. of Klosterzeven. That will trigger the reinforcements and the rest of the game will perform normally.

My apologies again. I should wait until everything is double checked before releasing a scenario. If anyone has any issues at all, please post. Thanks.
                              Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                              X