Changing Terrain Under Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Terrain Under Cities

In order to free up a terrain slot for EotRS to use AGRICOLA's idea of beachead terrain (which I believe may solve my problems with event-spawned US invasions), I need to be able to change the terrain under cities in a .sav file without destroying the actual city or it's units. The cheat menu function 'Change Terrain at Cursor' doesn't work if the cursor's on a square with a city in it. CivCity has no such option either. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

It's tedious!

Hex it, or...[list=1][*]Edit @Terrain so that an engineer can easily transform or irrigate that terrain to the desired terrain[*]Put engineers in all cities[*]Use engineers to change terrain[*]Delete Engineers[/list=1]
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I don't understand why you need to change the terrain under cities in order to free up a terrain type for beachead.

I took a look at your EotRS map and think that TUNDRA is the terrain type that you can easily eliminate from the map. Replace it with either forest or plains in the far north. There is little of actual importance in that area. Even changing tundra squares to desert would not be inaccurate because the Canadian sub-Arctic actually qualifies as desert, with less than 25 cm of rain annually.

Use the tundra slot for beachead and just change the icon to a scene of bloody carnage.
      Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

That's a very good point, AGRICOLA. I think that should work nicely. Mind, I think (I'd need to check) that Yakutsk is on a Tundra square. But as the Soviets don't join in till MUCH later, that shouldn't be too terribly much of a problem. Boco, thanks anyhow for the tip; it may come into handy at a later time for a differet scen.

Comment

If needed, I can hexedit one or two cities but doing a dozen gets just a mite time consuming.
          Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
          Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Working...
          X