Belle Epoque 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belle Epoque 4

I would like to tell that the BELLE EPOQUE 4 scenario for MGE has great potential..
    I like it a lot..

and what is strange is that in this version 4 , with france-english as Cordial-Entente .. well it soon develop to something very similar to 2nd world war !!! :O

Playing as italian is particulary interesting ( as seldom can be done .. ) as the choice to join in with germans (after solving the Trieste problem .. ) is actually there.. or to stand alone and see what happen ..

A minor point is the strange powerful cavalry at start (it both defend and attack better then infantry ..)

but overall, graphic is amazing, map clear , tech tree consistent, I like it ..
    and again i suggest it to those willing to make a WW2 scenario.. cause this one.. with some changes can fit in..
    as it naturally develop into it..

Bravo Eivind !

Eivind,

I've been looking through the version of LBE I have on my hard disk and I can't help but wonder why you didn't put sound with your otherwise excellent scenario. You have almost all the units in the right slots as it is and all it would take is a few wavs for the extra slots plus one slot swap involving the giant howitzer.
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Just noticed this thread, sorry! But thanks Von Bert, glad you like the scenario! If you want a ww2 scenario along the same lines as LBE, there are always my Blitzkrieg scenarios (where Bk1936 v5 is underway by the way).

Sounds are something I usually "forget" to include, Kobayashi . There was a time I took the time and whopped up some sounds for my scenarios, at the request of people (including yourself if memory serves me right ), but lately I've gone back to old familiar habits. Maybe it's the fact that I'm lazy, but frankly I can't understand why people would listen to those civ2 noises, when there are so much good music one can listen to while playing...
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

but frankly I can't understand why people would listen to those civ2 noises, when there are so much good music one can listen to while playing...
        Agree 100%.
        I suppose it depends on one's level of concentration but when I'm trying to play a particularly tough scen, not only is there no #@%^&! music but I object to the clock in the next room.
        Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
        Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

In general I play with sounds off, but when I know a designer has gone to alot of trouble to have a unique sound set for their scenario I'll turn it on

I mean it's obvious that the enormous effort some designers put into their sounds really adds to the fun of playing their scenarios. Koby's and Curt's scenarios for instance, or other classics like Red Front, Underdark or Necrociv...
          Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
          Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

I always turn the game music off and put a CD on but I think the sound effects are essential.

Nothing better than the roar of an elephant as you crush your enemy...FIRE!!!

The sound effects for Frederick the Great were top notch, I appreciated the battle orders in the various languges. Adding sounds is much simpler to do in ToT than it is in MGE!
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
            SL INFORMATION THREAD
            CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Working...
            X