Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't I exceed 2050 points (CONQUEST)on Large Map: 7 Civs (no respawn)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I exceed 2050 points (CONQUEST)on Large Map: 7 Civs (no respawn)??

I am familiar with the basic scoring system of

Happy citizen: 2
    Content: 1
    Unhappy: 0
    Pollution, Wonders, Peace, Barbarians

But when it comes to winning by Conquest, the Bonus is chosen to be 2050 points.

There is regular score and the bonus score, which is 2050, but I can never increase even if I win ridiculously early.

I have played an honest game: Prince, Large Map, 7 Civs (no respawn), no Barbarians, and I won by conquest in 900 AD.

I was awarded 2050 points, which gives me a "Maximum" Prince rating of 123% under those conditions.

Even when I Cheated and eliminated all 6 enemy civs in 4000 BC, my score is still 2050 points with 123%.

I also tested on a map which is 100 x 100 Squares, and still got 2050 points.

Apart from unchecking the "NO Respawns" option, how can I increase the 2050 points???

I am aware that "YES Respawns" can exceed 2050 points by Conquest, but I don't want that option.

Thank you in advance, and I apologize for my ignorance.

PS: I am also aware that playing at a higher difficulty will award a better Points: %age Rating Ratio, but I can only comfortably complete the game at Prince Level, not King or higher...

Comment

Win by alpha centauri. Yes, also conquer everybody. Everybody except one city. We call it a "zoo city." This lone, pathetic city will declare war, and occasionally send out a military unit or two. Promptly dispatch or bribe the unit(s).

Then work through the rest of the tech tree and send the ship to AC. In the meanwhile you'll also have time to build stuff. You'll have two saves to archive: the turn in which you eliminated the next-to-last enemy city, and the turn you reach AC.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I love the term zoo city, because that's about what it is. one small city that is surrounded by 100 x the troops needed to contain the backward residents. Everyone staring at the uncivilized people.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So are you suggesting that I attempt to increase my Civ population to at least 1900 points???? I will try this strategy next time, see what happens...

I am guessing that if your regular score before Conquest is >2050, then your final score will be more than that? Am I right?

Anyway, thank you for your answer, I didn't think about that method.

Comment

Working...
          X