How the heck do I play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the heck do I play?

I used to have the brown CD required to play this game. I think I gave it to my sister who went off to college, but apparently not, so it's long lost. I decided to download the game, instead, and realized that you need a freaking activation code to play, paying another $15 bucks. I bought this game when it was new, and I don't want to spend $15 more dollars on it, although, believe me, it sure is worth the money. Anybody know what to do, or any suggestions?

Thanks all, peace.

Update: I still believe I have the old game on my old PC in the garage, but I don't remember entering a CD-Key to play with that, so I don't think I can use to help me out here...

Vanilla Civ 2 does not require the CD to play. You should be able to transfer all the files from your old PC and play, although it may take a bit of effort to find everything and certain features will not be available. MGE does require a CD, so if this is your previous version, life is more complicated. It can be done, but Apolyton does not encourage discussion of this topic since it could be used to circumvent copyright. If you make a suitable search on another site you might learn something to your advantage.

RJM
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I have a CD of Civ2 MGE, but I am lazy to insert it in the CD machine. So I use a tool named "Civ II MGE No-CD patch": it can be found at CivFanatics (I guess this is the "another site" rjm speaks about).
      IMO this is nothing against a copyright.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Working...
      X