Good Mod Packs for Regular Civ2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Mod Packs for Regular Civ2?

I've grown somewhat bored in recent weeks with the standard Civ2 ruleset while playing solo.

I've thought many times what my ideal Mod would be like. A greater emphasis on the medieval and industrial age... Biplanes before Aeroplanes, as well as early tanks before armor. I'd remove explorer's all together, and move around many of the wonders many of which I believe can throw a game off balance - Leonardo's work shop being the primary example. For me Leonardo's workshop appears far too early in the game and should be reserved in my opinion for the later part of the game (maybe appearing in the industrial Age or Modern age, of course with a different name ).

What are other people's thoughts? Do you tweak your rulesets?
    "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
    -Kaiser Willhem II

Indeed. My ToT Original game has all new graphics as well as some rule changes. I've added arquibuisers, biplane fighters and bombers, heavy tanks, zeppelins, and torpedo bombers.

I haven't fiddled with the improvements or wonders, but most naval units have somewhat higher movement. I made mountains and glacier impassible, gave the impassible override flag to explorers and mountain units and took away the move as road flag for mountain units.

Much more could be done - there are still 23 unused unit slots - but it's just different enough to be lots of fun as is.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I seem to remember not that long ago some forum members posted they're versions of updated ToT graphics (ie units, cities, peoples), I never thought to download any at the time but now that you mention it maybe some flashier sleeker graphics would make regular ToT game play more appealing.

Does anyone remember where those upgrades were posted?

Comment

Working...
      X