Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Ship: Using of food caravans, when all wonders have been built

I don't know if you know it:

If your Space Ship isn't complete and all wonders have been built: What do you do with your food caravans?

Dön't disband them. Begin building a palace, use your caravans as usual, then switch back to ss-component.
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Does production get lost when switching production from palace to spaceship parts?

Does this work in your capital city? (Obviously not )

Comment

NO production losses, because a palace is a wonder-type building (same category as wonders and ss-components).
      But Ecthy is right, this doesn't work in your capital city (you can't sell a palace)

Comment

All this time I've been playing and I'm still learning - thanks for this.

RJM
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Rjm Isn't it amazing. This game is more than 10 years old, older than many posters here (well, maybe not quite). And despite of its relatively simple nature, the bugs in it allow so many undiscovered features

Comment

It's a pity that you can't use this in OCC games ...

Comment

In OCC there are always wonders left to build - Manhattan Project usually is...

Comment

I've had a few OCCs with no wonders left - Size1 or Size4 usually...

Comment

What version of the game are you looking at?

In classic and Multi-player gold the palace can't 'use' freight to be built and there is a penalty for swapping to a Spaceship part.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by CFC_DoM; August 10, 2006, 22:07.
                  Play the Civ II GOTM
                  Civ II D+3 Barb Wrath Succession Game
                  Care to help make the ultimate CivII companion guide?

Comment

Version 2.4.2

Comment

2.78 here, FW, the big diplomacy fvck-up

Comment

Re: Space Ship: Using of food caravans, when all wonders have been built

Originally posted by ramses II.
                        I don't know if you know it:

If your Space Ship isn't complete and all wonders have been built: What do you do with your food caravans?

Dön't disband them. Begin building a palace, use your caravans as usual, then switch back to ss-component.
                        Hello ramses II,

Elsewhere you say you are referring to v2.42. I do not think this idea will work as you suggest. There is no option offered that would allow for wonder building, just "Keep Moving" or "Establish Trade Route". And has been shown, one cannot switch freely from Palace to Spaceship Parts.

But perhaps you mean something else?? It would help if you attached a screenshot that confirms the ability to 'Build Wonder.'

Also, is it possible you have made changes to your game that allow this option?? I would love to have this additional option, but I can not duplicate your proceedure. Perhaps I am missing something...else.

Monk
                        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

A production value of 50 is quite sucky for an OCC.

Comment

Sorry, but I had to reinstall this Civ-version, because I had some other bugs:

After saving and reloading a game, some cities lost all (!) their supported engineers and some (!) military units (it lost ALL land units, but no air and naval units).

In the reinstalled version the palace-caravan-trick doesn't work any more. (Maybe some files have been damaged seriously - but it hasn't been a virus).

So I must apologize.
                            A palace is NOT a wonder-type building and the food caravan trick to build ss components by building a palace doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                              A production value of 50 is quite sucky for an OCC.
                              My favorites are 50 and 30. Before Apollo 50 gets you a caravan/freight in one turn. 30 gets you one in two turns, keeps the skulls away, and combined with stored vans gets you spaceship parts in one turn or RBing more expensive parts. Not all OCCs must be played with 80+. I haven't used that in several years.

Comment

Working...
                              X