civilization rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civilization rating

Hey I cant really find anyhing about this anywhere but it is really frustrating me...

In my last game (plus a couple of other games Ive played) of Civ II I have gotten a negative civilization raing or percentage or whatever they are called. This is despite getting scores of over 3000 (my last score was arund 3600). I know its not a big deal but its annoying cos then the games are not recorded in my hall of fame!

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have a solution for it?

There is a cap to several of the numbers in CivII due to small-bit fixed-size (as opposed to floating) math. You need the NoLimits patch to remove most of the problem. The issue is that when CivII exceeds the size of the number it flips over and becomes negative. A classic example is the treasury number: when you get around +32,000 in gold and add some more, it suddenly flips into negative territory.

Comment

Yes, but if population total goes negative that would show up on the rating screen. Besides base score and pop, what else effects rating?
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Rating is a function of population, number of techs, and gold.

Comment

Working...
        X