Scenario Under Construction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Under Construction!

I thought I'd make this fun and not give out the idea just yet, but I will give a hint.

Go ahead and take a guess at what it'll be.

-rmsharpe

Wild guess....!

A scenario where Canada must try and conquer the world?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Puzzling.
      With Japan and USA in the scenario gets global.

Where are the Ruskies?
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Unless it is some kind of Bosnia/Iraq/Afghan scenario...

But that would mean the enemy nations in question would be part of the civs.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

How about pre-1996 G7?

G7, G8, summit, University of Toronto, G7 Information Centre, G8 Information Centre
          Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
          Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling

Wild guess....!

A scenario where Canada must try and conquer the world?

In a matter of speaking...

Originally posted by AGRICOLA

How about pre-1996 G7?

http://www.g7.utoronto.ca/what_is_g8.html
            Now you're getting it!

Yes, it's a G7 scenario, where tanks and jet fighters are completely useless, and the dollar is the mightiest weapon of all!

All I can say now is that all of the other civilizations, like China, Russia, etc. are all going to be barbarian cities, cities ripe for decadent Western capitalist running pig dog lackey dollars by the G7 countries.

The civilizations availible for play, as the aforementioned flag post indicates, are Canada, France, West Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the USA.

Why? Well, there aren't any scenarios like it, really -- a few share some similarities, but there hasn't been one focused on this idea alone (spare kobiyashi's WON scenario, which didn't really feature a world map of any sort.)

This gives me another advantage, which is that I can make a scenario without having to balance out military units for a good combat balance between two countries. I can focus on just the other parts of what makes a good scenario work.

Now comes the sad part. I'm going to be in Washington D.C. for the next few days, and thus be unable to work on any graphics or the map, but fear not! I'll bring along some .txt files to keep me occupied in the downtime. Hopefully when I get back, I'll have some events and descriptions, labels, etc. things written up.
            -rmsharpe

Comment

My friend this is a damn fine concept if I do say so myself. A game where wars are fought between international investors and monetary policies.

I can't wait to see how this one further develops.

Comment

Will we get fiscal nukes to launch?

Comment

Wouldn't matter, since there aren't any combat units.
                  -rmsharpe

Comment

Sounds vey interesting. I'm having some problems conceptualizing it, however, since you say the dollar will be "the mightiest weapon of all." What would be the vicotry method: "conquer" the world? Couldn't imagine that, since you say there won't be any combat units. Maybe currency will be spies, and the player'll have to use them to bribe cities. Maybe change the spacship parts so each civ is racing to be the first to build a global currency, a monetary system built on their specific currency, like the dollar once was.

Will we get fiscal nukes to launch?
                    It would be possible to have these- IMF or World Bank for instance. But, you would be clearly saying you agree with those who argue it's a tool of US/Western economic interests.
                    My Cepha scenario
                    The Solar Revolution
                    Soon-to-be-updated collection of Civ2 artists' signatures. If you know one that's not listed, feel free to drop me a PM.

Comment

Okay, folks. It's geography time. I've finished the map and I'm looking for some advice regarding my map.

Despite my concerns, I managed to pack all 255 cities onto this smaller sized map. I chose the map specifically because I attempted the same on a larger map, but the results were terrible. I'd basically have room for the G7 countries and then my limit would be up.

Here's a rundown of the countries on the map so far:

America - 30 cities
                      Canada - 11 cities
                      Britain - 8 cities
                      France - 6 cities
                      Japan - 5 cities
                      Germany - 3 cities
                      Italy - 3 cities

The rest are all barbarian controlled until one of the countries engineers a "hostile takeover" with their executives.

Anyway, enough blabbering. Here's the map. If you find any problems with it, speak up and I'll correct them. Thanks.
                      Attached Files
                      -rmsharpe

Comment

Aren't cities the basis of economy in Civ2? Canada shouldn't have 4 times as many cities as Germany, Frnace shouldn't have twice as many. I know cities start off with different degrees of development, but in the course of the game the number of cities is usually the hard condition for economic strength since they will converge in development.

The number of cities should relate between powers similarly to their economic output in real life.

Comment

If you think the number of cities is going to matter, you are sadly mistaken.
                          -rmsharpe

Comment

If you think you can make them not matter, it's you who's mistaken. We're talking Civ2.

I'll eat part of the game box if building up your cities won't be the main strategy in this scenario

Comment

Will you be needing a napkin?
                              -rmsharpe

Comment

Working...
                              X