No announcement yet.

The Age of Napoleon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't need air units in a scenario, it's better to use airbases as stackable terrain than fortresses. Fortresses cause ground units, especially barbarians, to move differently. Barbarian units with a mp of 2 will permanently fort up and not move.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Airbases don't seem to affect the movement of units as much, although in ToT I have noticed that units sometimes move in stacks, which is a good thing if you're trying to promote stackablity.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

You should avoid using stackable terrain on ocean tiles, as any units being carried on a transport which is sunk will just sit there, unable to move.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Mercator's utility, CivStack, allows the addition of either fortresses or airbases to any terrian type or combination of terrain.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Eh, tech, this is mge, and airbases in adjecent to another gives RR movement. Airbases also count as irrigation.
            Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Oh.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

BUMP!

Saladin23: How's the progress on this one coming along?
                "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

To be honest I'd forgotten about the scenario. I've got an update ready to upload, which I'll do later on today.

As with the barbarians fortifying everywhere, I've been thinking about making just the main theatres stackable (Eastern North America, Europe, India, North Africa) and the ocean square non stackable. I might do this in another update if I feel happy with how things work out.

Comment

I you post an update, I will make a SL news item for this thread.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Update.

-Removed Pirates. After trying out a number of things, the AI still insists on using it's fortifying cheat. I've also decided to leave the sea stackable because the European Coalition is not intended to be playable and the AI may decide to stack ships which could lead to unrealistic numbers of units being destroyed.

-Scientific Expedition added. Credit to Arthedain for this since his mentioning of the Baudin expedition inspired this wonder.

-Rocket Corps added. A rather experimental unit with a good defense (esp against Cavalry) and attack that can be researched later in the game. The reason for adding it is the use of rockets during the Napoleonic period by various armies (eg. at the Battle of Leipzig and the war of 1812) on occaisions, plus it adds something different to the scenario.

The latest version is the most recent posted.

LINK:

EDIT: Right scenario file added.
                      Last edited by Saladin23; July 22, 2006, 16:34.

Comment

Great stuff!

Btw. Jerusalem has "Hanging Gardens". Forgot to change that?

Anywho, a readme would be nice too. And I'm glad I inspired you to that wonder. Cheers!
                        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

A news item has been added to the SL group pages!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks Curt for the news item!

Jerusalem has been sorted. Had forgotten to rename the wonder.

I've finish writing a readme that I'll include in the next update which should be up and running soon.

Comment

Does anyone have an update on this scenario?

Comment

There is an official update that I've got ready but where I hosting the file (Evro) has been shut down. There's a new site where I could upload it for now until I can find it a site where I can host it (I've been trying the SL wiki, but I need to get my head around how to create new pages, which could be a while).

Below is a link to the latest version:

Comment

Working...
                                X