A definitive list of what techs affect trade bonuses please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A definitive list of what techs affect trade bonuses please

I know that Railroad reduces delivery bonuses to 66% of normal and that The Corporation (i.e. freights) have an increased trade bonus of 50% (although please correct my numbers if wrong).

I have heard mentions that Navigation and Invention affect the bonus too. By how much? And what other ones are out there?

Also, what does Industralization do - it affects happines somehow doesn't it?

I thank you.

First off, getting either Nav or Invention signal entry to a new Age and trade bonuses get cut--in half, if IRC. So, delay getting either of them, while choosing other on-path techs (Univ, Chem, Theory). And make lots of deliveries while they are favorably priced. Then, especially as your cities exhaust their commodity supplies, pour out food vans for WOWs.

RR cuts by a third, as you said; and, Freights bump the bonus back up (not sure but double seems right).

One thing that sometimes comes into play. For AI with large cities, give them Auto, asap, As the cities go thru their solo cycles, they may demand oil.

Not sure what Indu does, if anything, trade related.

Hope this helps.

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Industrialization has an effect on supply and demand commodities. Actually there are quite a few technologies that have an effect on supply and demand. Well, technically all of the technologies affect the supply and demand commodity calculations, but some have specific effects.

Details are available here.

StuporMan
      Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
      Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

StuporMan's "here" is a link to Samson's thread on How Commodity Supply & Demand Lists are Calculated. The other thread I strongly recommend is Samson's Calculating Caravan Delivery Bonus Payments, here:

Comment

Yes there are many considerations re: trade. Also take note of solo's summary of these points in his Early Landing guide. On the point mentioned by StuporMan (Techs effects on commodity lists), see also in the ELG, point # [2.6.10 Techs Affecting Supply and Demand].

Monk

Comment

In terms of Industrialization, I have noticed that once you get it then the number of happy people can fall dramatically. I noticed it in a succession game at Civ fanatics - going from almost all light blue to only a few and some red hats too.

Comment

Post a save and log. Maybe we can sort it out.

Monk

Comment

I thought Flight also had a negative effect on trade bonuses - but not sure. I rarely get that far.

Comment

Hey Peaster!!

Flight affects the total trade arrows of an SSC with Colossus as it causes the giant MetalMan to fall. But this is not a general, system wide trade affect According to the EL Guide, Flight cuts freight payments by 1/3.

Monk

edit: overlooked this point, thanks, debeest.
                  Last edited by Bloody Monk; July 27, 2006, 17:58.

Comment

Doesn't Flight reduce the delivery bonus to 2/3? An effect which is sort of balanced by the impending availability of airports.

Comment

Originally posted by debeest
                      Doesn't Flight reduce the delivery bonus to 2/3? An effect which is sort of balanced by the impending availability of airports.
                      According to solo it is 1/3. See EL Guide 2.6.10 Techs Affecting Supply and Demand.

Thanks for catching this oversight.

Monk

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                        According to solo it is 1/3. See EL Guide 2.6.10 Techs Affecting Supply and Demand.
                        Aren't "cut by 1/3" and "reduce to 2/3" the same? Not being a native English speaker, I'm not sure... (although I'm sure that 1-1/3=2/3 )

Comment

I believe RR already reduces it by 1/3, and Flight reduces it another 1/3, so at that point it is 1/3 of the original (after Inv/Nav but before RR), but only 1/2 of what it was just before the discovery of Flight.

Comment

Yep, my "to 2/3" is the same as Solo's "by 1/3." I prefer to say "to 2/3" for two reasons: (1) 2/3 is the bonus multiplier to use in calculations, and (2) flight quickly leads to airports, and one airport can increase the bonus "to 3/2," putting it back where it was before flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Elephant
                              I believe RR already reduces it by 1/3, and Flight reduces it another 1/3, so at that point it is 1/3 of the original (after Inv/Nav but before RR)
                              I believed it was 2/3 * 2/3 = 4/9 , and not 1/3.
                              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Working...
                              X