Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's something new... well... probably not :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's something new... well... probably not :)

I do still play CIV 2 from time to time... anyway... for the first time I let the barbs keep a small size 2 city they took. What I found out was I could keep checking the city and looking at their maps... which showed what all the barbs everywhere on the map had explored. Kinda a cheap way to 'slowly' map the world.

Perhaps those barbs which appear and are gone... not too much map opened up are those being wiped out quickly by a CIV. Those leaving long trails of explored map suggest empty land ready to be settled.

I never seem to get much info from AI/barb maps. I have to send in a diplomat to "investigate city", right ? (which I lose)

Then I click "Map" in the lower right corner, and a tiny "Support Map" opens in the lower middle. I can see trails, but not much else. IIRC some players refer to seeing cities, and even units, on AI maps. But maybe they mean the "Resource Map" in the upper left. Is there a way to see more? Am I missing something?

Comment

My first visit here for ages and interesting to read this "exploit".

Makes me want to reload Civ II and relive old times. Nothing like a bit of nostalgia.

Comment

The support map sould show, with dots, the locations of both that city (in a brighter colour) and all units supported by that city (in a duller colour)

MWHC's being able to check the city even after it was captured does seem to be a bug. Anyone else seen it? I'll go make some tests...
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
        X