Senates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senates

Does the Senate overrule you more often in Republic or in Democracy?

I have only made war a few times outside of monarchy/fundy, but it seems to me the Senate is more of a nuisance in Democracy then Republic. A friend at CFC says the Senate acts the same way in both govts. Any studies or opinons on this ?

The infallible manual agrees with you (100% chance of override in dem vs ~50% in rep). My memory, which is severely strained by the question, also agrees.

Completing UN in a democracy causes, by the manual, the override probability to revert back to about the same as in a republic.
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

My memory aligns with Boco. But I also have a faint twig about a thread on this subject several years ago, if you want to look at old posts. And for what it's worth, I think the Senate is guaranteed to overrule continued action IF that is very important to you.

Good luck if you go looking for it,
      Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Yes. It is one of the ways the AI cheats, by reading your mind.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

If the AI sneak-attacks you a few times the Senate will grant you permission to continue peace enforcement actions.

Comment

Thanks. I should have known the manual was good for something .

Comment

Originally posted by Peaster
              Thanks. I should have known the manual was good for something .
              Yeah I can relate to that, I find that the manual makes a good door jam.
              "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
              "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Working...
              X