Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straybow
    If you build a huge empire, 60+ cities.
    I'm sorry; you'll have to explain that concept to me slowly. 1 city generates research; another 7 (or 11) eventually build space ship parts. What are all the others for?

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Others are to decorate map in appropriate color.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

I'm sorry; you'll have to explain that concept to me slowly. 1 city generates research; another 7 (or 11) eventually build space ship parts. What are all the others for?

RJM at Sleeper's
        They absorb all available land tiles on a gigamap. At least, that's the plan.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

And to stop the enemy from building enough cities to destroy you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
            And to stop the enemy from building enough cities to destroy you.
            But there are much easier ways o doing this than building lots of cities.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

As some of you, I don't build colliseum : it is very expensive in maintenance with an effect on only happiness. (markets and banks both help for money and happiness !)
              I use celebration by getting lux level to 50% during several turns, then I return to a level 2 of lux.
              My general strategy is leading in science : I build libraries and/or markets in many city. So, Adam Smith's is a good WoW for me.
              JCP
              Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

But there are much easier ways o doing this than building lots of cities.

RJM at Sleeper's
                But those ways aren't as much fun
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

But those ways aren't as much fun
                  Whatever floats your boat.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

One fun challenge in the mature game: build a new city and try to get 2 double-growth jumps (food box fills plus WLTPD growth). Given enough grassland I can get the first one around size 8 and then another around size 15. Engineers scurrying about roading and double-irrigating to stay ahead of growth...

And, let's not forget the duty to uncover all the hidden specials. All that beautiful potential should not go to waste!

2½ years ago I played (and won) a Juego Progresivo over on the Spanish Subforum. Not satisfied with a 1922 landing score of 3k+ and 70+ cites (see map) I went back to the pre-launch save and continued.

Just look at the map: whole continents as yet untouched or barely graced with golden jewels. We must go and spread the glories of Spanish civilization!

Once or twice a month I break out the old game and play a turn or two. It is now 1959 with 128 cities and 284 Engineers (slacked off building them after 1945). Yes, I have a spreadsheet to manage the caravan deliveries and jumpstarter units destined for disbanding to inc rush both freights and white goods in one turn.
                    Attached Files
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                    X