Map Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Question

Is it possible to cut off slices from a map on a sav that's already created? Maybe with an advance use of mapcopy etc? I guess not, but it would be a tremendous relief if it actually is...
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Not on a save file, I don't think. On a mp. file for sure.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

You can still use mapcopy to import an edited map with similar dimentions, though.
      "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
      -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
      "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
      "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

I know, but I need to exclude half the map, and as I feared, I must start all over again...

Comment

Unrelated:

I like the new avatar, Eivind!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

What makes me wonder: why talk of a European Republic and sport a pro-EU avatar but at the same time still carry on sporting your national flag?

Comment

You can slice and dice all you want but the improvements and cities won't carry.

Comment

Cheers, Curt!

@Ecthy:
                Norway is not a member of the EU, that's why. Sadly we've said 'no' in two referendums. Once we're in, the poly flag will go European! But another point is that it doess't say just European Republic, but European Federal Republic, which is just a dream republic of mine, and it would consist of states - similar to the USA - and national/state flags would probably not be abolished over night.

@HT:
                How can I do this?

Comment

Ei - so it's a product of logical dialectics. Cool.

Comment

Exactly. To me it seems pointless to have seperate nations within such a similar continent. This is not a new idea. It's been on the agenda of many prominent European leaders since the early 20s (and even long before this), but national political interests have ultimately won over the pan european idea, and at the current date it is even unlikely to happen. Today, the European nations seem to be content with this con-federalistic idea which is the EU. We should have seized the opertunity right after ww2 when even Churchill advocated a United Europe! But it's not more than 15 years ago European leaders were forced to realise more integration was a good thing, so I will keep dreaming!
                    Last edited by Eivind IV; April 1, 2006, 05:10.

Comment

Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Eivind IV
                        @HT:
                        How can I do this?
                        Well I'm assuming you want to expand a current map in some way or paste in a piece of another map. Merc's MapEdit can accomplish this easily as it converts map files to bitmaps. Once the file has been converted to a bitmap all you have to do is cut and past the new pieces in. Make sure it remains a square polygon of course.

Comment

Exactly. To me it seems pointless to have seperate nations within such a similar continent. This is not a new idea. It's been on the agenda of many prominent European leaders since the early 20s (and even long before this), but national political interests have ultimately won over the pan european idea, and at the current date it is even unlikely to happen. Today, the European nations seem to be content with this con-federalistic idea which is the EU. We should have seized the opertunity right after ww2 when even Churchill advocated a United Europe! But it's not more than 15 years ago European leaders were forced to realise more integration was a good thing, so I will keep dreaming!

Jesus!
                          What could possibly the Greeks, Portugeese, Latvians, Hungarians or whoever have in common and thus form a federation?
                          If f.e Greece entered war with Turkey or Bulgaria would Norwegian or even German troops rally to our defence?
                          I know i wouldn't give my life for Norway.
                          Man, just because goverments found out that they can make HUGE ammounts of money by an economic pseudo-union doesn't mean that this a strong enough basis to abandon our ancestral heritages.

Sorry for the threadjacking.
                          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

@HT:
                            I think you misunderstand me. I want to shrink a map on an already started game.

@Pal:
                            We have common history, culture and ideas. Only the language barriers are the real obstruction, but this Switzerland has proven to not be as important anyway. Also, English is taking over as the official language within the union.

War between Greece and Turkey won't happen as long as both are members of NATO anyway, and currently pressing for EU membership, which further lessens the chance of this situation. But if Turkey invaded Greece, I would have no qualms of defending a democratic humanist Greece if in fact a reality. But this is so hypothetical it's uninteresting to discuss.

And it's not an economic pseudo-union even if you want to believe that it is. Whether you like it or not politics are made in Brüssel, and hencely it's a political union. But it was initially an economic "union". But ever since the Maastrict Treaty you can't deny that it isn't moving in towards further integration.

Also you seem to forget what a major role the EU has played in developing the Greek economy in post-war Europe, and not to mention Spain, Portugal, Southern Italy and Ireland. And now moving on to Eastern Europe.

And why are you talking about abandoning ancestral heritages? It is possible to co-operate across borders without giving up you identity. Hence the Federation part of the European Republic. Infact, all european contries has participated in our common ancestral heritage. Ancient Greek ideas on Democracy are now adopted all over Europe, we learned political functionalism from the Romans, and all modern democratic states are based on ideas of humanism from France. So without this floatation of ideas across borders in Europe, we'd all still live in the Middle Ages. Thanks to the EU we have learned how to grow mutually dependent on each other and have lived in peace now for 60 years, which can't be downplayed.

I don't expect everyone to be as enthusiastic about this European project as I am, but even nationalists such as yourself should recognize what a positive role the EU has had on all the European countries since it's foundation. Nor can you after some reflection deny how closely knitted together Europe really is, deniance or not
                            Last edited by Eivind IV; April 1, 2006, 13:09.

Comment

@HT:
                              I think you misunderstand me. I want to shrink a map on an already started game.
                              You can shrink a map by converting between .bmp's and .sav's, but you can't do so with an already started game and continue to play without losing any progress in an ongoing game.

Comment

Working...
                              X