"Tricks" To simulate Territorial demands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tricks" To simulate Territorial demands

In Blitzkreig 1936, Vienna was controlled by the Barbarians but occupied by German troops - when a troop moves in to the territory, they are instantly claimed and so is the city. This was a great technique for simulating 'Territorial' Demands of the German player, but I have a question:

If I was to make a scenario using this same technique, and Italy had designs on Vienna would the AI attack the German units within the Barbarian controlled vienna even if not at war?
    "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
    -Kaiser Willhem II

An interesting question. I suspect not. Why don't you try it and let us know?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

No, it seems you cannot - declaring war on the units would cause an act of war.... that's interesting, and usefull.
      -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

I made a series of cities under Barbarian control, filled with German units however. When the Italian player tried to attack the cities, it declared that italy was allied with Germany (which it was) and wasn't allowed to attack the units.
        -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

I just thought of an idea. The units you have in a foreign city you can't use until you take that city, right? If that's the case, and there were also units of the city's owner there, you'd have to fight the city's owner's units and capture the city to use those units. This could represent a 'rescue mission' type thing, especially if the units in the foreign city were very powerful, unbuildable, and/or unique.

Comment

At the time Vienna was a hot city between Germany and Italy, they weren't allies, so it would work if you skipped the alliance from start.
            Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Originally posted by Patine
              I just thought of an idea. The units you have in a foreign city you can't use until you take that city, right? If that's the case, and there were also units of the city's owner there, you'd have to fight the city's owner's units and capture the city to use those units. This could represent a 'rescue mission' type thing, especially if the units in the foreign city were very powerful, unbuildable, and/or unique.
              It doesn't seem to work, for it would involve having two units of the same civilization within the same square...

At least it didn't work when i tried it out just now.
              -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

You can put the cursor over the city and activate your units with "a".
                "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by Eivind IV
                  At the time Vienna was a hot city between Germany and Italy, they weren't allies, so it would work if you skipped the alliance from start.
                  I was thinking the same thing... didn't Mussolini claim "protection" over Austria too before 1937?
                  Follow the masses!
                  30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Yes, Mussolini had influence on Austrian internal affairs at least from 1933 onwards and soon he regarded Italy as protector of Austria.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                      I was thinking the same thing... didn't Mussolini claim "protection" over Austria too before 1937?
                      Yes, he did. But when Mussolini's fascist friend in Austria was killed in a German coup attemp, this paved the way for the Anschluss. Italy sent troops to the border to stop a German takeover at that point, but in the coming months the Autrian nazis grew stronger... and the rest is history
                      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

As a history major, it is an unorthodox question for me to ask, and I usually don't ask it at all, but what if...
                        Follow the masses!

Comment

I had a bug in my scenario "Pharaoh". I think it's still in the final release version downloadable at the Spanish Civ2 site. When Egyptian units enter Thebes, which is an all-out Egyptian city without any foreign troops, they fought the Egyptian troops inside, and eventually even captured the city as if it was an enemy city. I was never able to reproduce the bug, which is a shame, because it has a lot of very interesting potential.
                          Follow the masses!

Comment

Working...
                          X