Barbarian Turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian Turn

Do the barbarians move first (before the white civ does) or at last (after the violet civ)? I must confess that I am not sure about it and I don't have a civ copy at hand presently to test it myself.

Hmmm... I think the white player always goes first, otherwise a Barbarian raid could destroy a players settler before even laying down the first city.

This could be bull**** though...
    "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
    -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

Actually, I think the Barbs do move first.

I know there are safeguards against Barbs capturing the capital city. Wouldn't be a stretch to have them for the last settler of a cityless civ, too.
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Willhelm II
        Hmmm... I think the white player always goes first, otherwise a Barbarian raid could destroy a players settler before even laying down the first city.

This could be bull**** though...
        Barbs don't appear randomly until after turn 16, IIRC. And they don't appear from huts until the tipping civ has put down a city.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

If the barbarians get units via events at the beginning of a turn, can they instantly move these units?

Comment

Barbs move first. I'm absolutely sure about this, because I observed it in a good number of hotseat games.
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
            X