Unique Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Scenarios

I'm looking for the most unique scenarios ever made for civ2 - scenarios that slightly alter the way the game is played, such as that brilliant Gangster scenario (forgot it's name) that made Civ2 look like New York.
    "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
    -Kaiser Willhem II

You want Gold Gulch.

"Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Thanks Arthedain

Keep em comming.
      -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

Have you already checked "Slash and Burn"?

Comment

Thanks Dr Kellog - interesting little scenario for the archive.

Arthedain the Wild West Scenario was cool.
          -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

I think The Odyssey is pretty unique.

(You can play the whole thing from start to finish in a single evening)
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

I'll second that, but could there be a v2 coming?
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

What was Balsinde's (I think) scenario about the mad Spaniard leading a group through the jungle?
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Eldorado.
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

"El Dorado" Definitely a must play!

Sorry, there's no Ody 2.0 on the horizon. The one fix I REALLY wanted to implement was turning Odysseus' ship into a "Caravan" unit. It was great for navigating quickly through the various "ocean terrain units", but sadly the AI refused to attack it.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Hey Kull, any chance of you doing another scenario?
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Probably not. Every now and then I dig up my unfinished "masterpiece", Guns of August, and play around with it a bit. But it's massive (think Red Front for WWI) and the frustrations of the Civ2 engine usually cause me to shelve it again in frustration (but hey, we're "threadjacking Willhelm's cool idea of assembling odd and unusual scenarios!!)

Comment

Captain Nemo's Second Front, for its use of food as fuel, several unusual units and extremely close adherence to history.

Techumseh's Market Garden for its choice of 3 Allied battle strategies and highly intricate use of event triggers. Using a reasonably good strategy, players can find the scen to be winnable or completely impossible, depending on how events work out.
                          Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                          Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthedain
                            You want Gold Gulch.

http://spanish.apolyton.net/civ2/bes.../ggv1files.zip
                            It's also available on the SL wiki. Use my sig to find the scenarios page.

Comment

I always had to cheat in the beginning of the Odyssey scenario, otherwise I weren't able to leave Troy. Or was it capturing Troy? Can't remember now.
                              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Working...
                              X