Inter-continental CIV II Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter-continental CIV II Challenge

Have been mulling over this one for a while now, and thought I would guage community interest (or lack thereof) for the idea.

The basic concept is continents put togather teams of 2/3 (can have more than one team) who go head to head against another team. Would need to create some sort of fixture/scorring ladder type arrangement. If people think this is a good idea, I am even will to put up some prize money $1 Million ................ Zimbabwean Dollars which i had at the bottom of a suitcasse. That should be enough to buy ohhh about fours roles of toilet paper.

Any takers? playing through timezones will be a hassle, but hell i am sure we can book some time somewhere
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

so are you saying that these are team games or is that the individuals from the same continent make up a team in thier indivual games (i.e. Hockey (team game) vs Track (a bunch of individual matches played by people on the same team))

Comment

BTW - I personally don't like team games.

Comment

Don't know.... or would a champion of the universe style thing be prefered.... could make it likea tennis comp... singles/doubles/mixed?

Comment

well - these things have been tried before. If you set it up - I'll play.

Comment

right, thats two of us... least I know I will get a prize.... even if it is second

Comment

I'll play and when the tournament is 2x2x king I'll have a team waiting

Comment

If anybody interested. With some friends we're playing a international league of the world. It has similar rules as football leagues. Each player has to play 2 games with each oponent (home and away game) from same league.

Now a few words about rules of league games:
                a) map - player choose from avaible maps (or made by him self)
                b) Emperor level for the 1st League comparatively lower for the others
                c) without AI
                d) without Barbi
                e) normal production and movement
                f) normal start
                g) with spaceships
                h) without Great Wall
                i) without bribes on cities and units
                j) sabotage and robbery of technology allowed

But now I should say the most important rule of all. Each of those rules can be negotiated with oponent.

Regards to all
                Civ2 in Polish: News, Database, Downloads, Links, Gallery, GOTM, PBEM, Petition - more soon.
                Civ2 in English: News, Database, Downloads, Links, Gallery, GOTM, Petition - more soon.

Comment

Atomant, you went missing for a while, all those civ2 games we never completed because of your absence. Anyway I and some others that played together with you now have civ4 and play that exclusively, so contact us if you ever get to playing civ4, we will welcome you into our games again. There is a thread for Aussie civ 4 players you can contact us on some time in the future.

Comment

Yeah, hi Ant!

Got Civ4?
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity
                      Yeah, hi Ant!

Got Civ4?
                      Got to get a video card!

Comment

Working...
                      X