Problems with Changing Terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Changing Terrain

I've attempted several change terrain blocks at once, and came up with a few problems. First, one block, and the city in it, was completely ignored, remaining intact as the original terrain with the city and all the other spaces' improvements. Now here's the wierd part. Several cities were wiped out and most terrain was changed, but two cities, even though they were wiped out, had one of each of their garrisoning units left fortified on the NEW terrain, and the city name was still below the unit in the player's color as though the city was still there. What could be wrong, and what can I do about it?

Can you post the save?

Comment

Fear not. I've fixed the issue. It was a case of poorly typed coordinates in the one case, and the remaing units issue seems to have corrected itself (though a few city names remain for a short while, they disappear, much as a city destroyed by being captured sometimes does). Thanks for the offer, though.

Comment

Impact on Barbs

FYI - "ChangeTerrain" events will cause all Barbarians on the map to disappear UNLESS there is a Barbarian City somewhere on the map.
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

@HT: The problems returned. I'll send you the save, below. It's in the Iberian Peninsula and Western Sahara. The city name remaining is kind of creepy.

@Kull: That's very useful information. BTW, does the last standing player win the game if there's one or more barb cities left, or do those have to be captured too?
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Impact on Barbs

Originally posted by Kull
            FYI - "ChangeTerrain" events will cause all Barbarians on the map to disappear UNLESS there is a Barbarian City somewhere on the map.
            No kidding? I will have to use this...

Comment

Originally posted by Patine
              @HT: The problems returned. I'll send you the save, below. It's in the Iberian Peninsula and Western Sahara. The city name remaining is kind of creepy.

@Kull: That's very useful information. BTW, does the last standing player win the game if there's one or more barb cities left, or do those have to be captured too?
              Hmmmm, bare with me, I have to look something up...

Comment

Dammit, we need the game mechanics forum back!

Ok, who can fill me in? Someone had found away to create landmark names using phantom cities. Also, there was another glitch that was used to create two cities next to eachother.

My only other guess is that the changeterrain event uses out of sync coordinates... Patine, what are the coordinates you used?

Another guess is that you used Civstack and something odd happened...

Also we need to talk about American geography mister.

Comment

First, I double-checked the coordinates; I don't think it's that. Second, however, I did use CivStack. Does that cause difficulties? Third, have I made serious mistakes with regard to US city placement (judging by that flag on your avatar, I guess you'd know)? Please, I'll listen to any corrections or advice you have.

Comment

Patine, check you PMs

Comment

@HT: Check your PM's again.

Comment

Working...
                      X