No announcement yet.

New ToT gfx for Imperium Romanum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any objections to me uploading IR to my site from any of the contributors?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by fairline
      It's still a great scenario isn't it?
      It must be; I was still swearing at Phoenicians and gladiators by 1 am last night. BTW, I ran across some duplicated text in one of the event messages. The download has been updated with the fix.

Here's a fixed version of the offending blighters.
      Your background colours in people.bmp are still transparent. Is that what you intended? Since these colours have been defined as secondary transparent colours, for each cell, all instances of the background colour will be transparent. If you're not careful, you can end up with holes in your icons. In this example the effect is only minor (just the headband on the female in column 4).

I hadn't actually got round to playing with the 4th events/gfx change so didn't spot that mistake. It almost certainly arose because I hadn't properly reset brush opacity to 100% when editing the shield after using the brush for shading at 25% opacity; must've had it on 90% or something.
      I've done it plenty of times myself. I see it often enough to check unit files using Colour Replacer with tolerance set to 0. I'd be surprised if you had any Legions left by that stage of the game anyway; Marius' Reforms upgrades them all to Consular Legions.

I'm not sure about what caused the problem with the women's hair on the mini-people - I only changed the big-uns.
      I'm pretty sure that's the result of someone's effort to avoid the transparency problems that result when the icons are misaligned. If positioned incorrectly, as they are in the official file for the Original game, the secondary transparent colours will be defined by the colour of the frame instead of the pixel in the top-left corner of each cell. Changing the colour of the frame to one not used by any of the icons is one way to solve the problem. A better solution is to make sure the cells are aligned correctly in the first place (the official file for Fantasy game is correct). The green hair is almost certainly the result of someone selecting the black frame with the Magic Wand tool and then using the Colour Replacer.

Please do - it would be nice to see Catfish's terrain set and Curt's cities and perhaps incorporate them with their permission....
      AFAIK, most of the terrain graphics I'm using aren't anything you haven't already seen. Here's a screenshot:

Edit: Does this thumbnail code actually work or is it just my ad-blocking software?
      Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Right clicking and selecting either Open Link or Open Link in New Window displays the screenshot just fine.
        Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
        Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Catfish:
          What Agricola said. The thumbnail doesn't display anything really.
          I've never seen that fortress unit before. Mind sharing it?
          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

ZoneAlarm's banner ad blocking feature was blocking it completely. With that disabled, I now see an icon for a broken image link. At least it links to the full-sized image.

Originally posted by Arthedain
            I've never seen that fortress unit before. Mind sharing it?
            Sure. I believe the fortress is from Rome Total War (I don't own a copy of the game). I use a fort from Civ3 (which I also don't have) for the scenario's wooden fort.
            Attached Files
            Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Working...
            X