Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, help! The OST to CivII?

Hello,
    It is a whole miracle I finally found a site like this, dedicated to the Civilization series. For nearly ten years now I have been unable to find out what piano piece is used in the animation to the fourth wonder - The Great Library. Please if anyone knows let them speak, I am really desperate by now and I truly adore this piece. A composer's name is all I need, or at least please give me an e-mail for the developers (whom I have been equally unsuccessful in tracing) that I may ask them directly.

Try 'search' above - I did and in two clicks and entering "wonder music" found the following:

The Great Library: Inspired by "Sheeta's Decision" from the " Laputa: Castle in the Sky " soundtrack.

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

You may however, still be out of luck - the film is still available, but I can find no current listing for the soundtrack CD - good luck in your hunt...

Stu

Comment

By Jove, thanks! I had so got used to not getting an answer that I hardly bothered to check. I did the search myself. Found the topics (and external sites) that dealt with the matter and I even found the respective track. Too bad it was indeed but 'inspired' (I find it has little to do with the actual wonder music), but nevertheless, ten years of turmoil have come to an end! Bless you, fellow! And thank you! THANK YOU!

Comment

You are most welcome - we are generally friendly people here at 'Poly

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
            You are most welcome - we are generally friendly people here at 'Poly

Stu
            except when playing Civ II in MP mode of course.

RJM at Sleeper's
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Heh. BTW at one point I had one piano player play the piece that is used for industrial age background music in Civ3. She told me the name of the piece but I forgot. It is sure collected somewhere in the Civ3 forums, but isn't it cool I found out all by myself?

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                from the " Laputa: Castle in the Sky " soundtrack.
                Stu
                I find two references in french :

Auteur Miyazaki, Hayao
                Titre Le château dans le ciel / scénario original de Hayao Miyazaki ; trad. du japonais de Jun Vercoutter ; adapt. de Géraldine Krasinski
                Titre original Tenku no shiro Laputa"
                Editeur Paris : Milan, 2003
                Description 107 p. ill. en coul. 27 cm
                Thème thème : aventures (conte)

Auteur Miyazaki, Hayao
                Titre Le château dans le ciel; 1 / Hayao Miyazaki
                Titre original Tenku no shiro Laputa"
                Editeur Grenoble : Glénat, 2003
                Description 159 p. Ill. en coul. 18 13 cm.
                Notes Publié dans le sens de lecture originale (de droite à gauche)
                Thème thème : fantastique (bande dessinée)

They are books, translation from japanese : the first is the original scenario, the second is comics.

For the soundtrack or a DVD : see Amazon.com : the reviewers spaek of the music with enthousiasm !
                Laputa: Castle In The Sky (1986 Anime Film) [SOUNDTRACK] [IMPORT]
                Last edited by JCP; April 5, 2006, 14:51.
                JCP
                Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                X