Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white tech

hey everyone.
    I made a cursory attempt to discover this one on my own by mining the info already available:

What's it mean when a tech is in white on a civ's info box?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

If it is white in the AI's tech list, it is a tech your civ does not have yet. If it is white in your tech list, it is a tech that you were the first to discover.

Comment

IIRC, if another civ has a white tech it means you haven't discovered it, while in your own research screen (F6) if there is a white tech it means you were first to discover it.

Comment

Has anyone determined whether "free" starting techs are ever white? I haven't done a study, but I don't remember starting with white techs in any game.

This could mean that when the human player gets freebies, the AI does too - or it could mean that the system only turns techs that the player or AI discovers (as opposed to starting with) white.

Could be a valuable bit of info.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The starting techs are never white - the AI does NOT get them and they are 'free' in terms of research cost for later techs.

Stu
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
            The starting techs are never white - the AI does NOT get them and they are 'free' in terms of research cost for later techs.

Stu
            Question asked and definitively answered in just over 6 hours. Pretty impressive for a forum about a 10 year old game.

Muchos gracias, Stu.
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

... sink ov it nossings, Old Man

Stu
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

yes, that was prompt. thanks.

Comment

Hah! Zat ISS nossing!

Look at the first post -- question asked and definitively answered TWICE within FIVE MINUTES!!

I love this place.

Comment

Working...
                  X