Production question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production question

I was thinking, if I give a civ no advances that lead to building any units or building, then change their building queue (with civtweak) to build a certain unit. Then I let this civ be controlled by the AI. Will the AI leave the building queue alone (build the same unit all the time until the production shields are gone) or will the game crash?
    I'm asking because I want the AI to be different units in different cities, and nothing but those exact units. I don't know if anyone have tried this. Otherwise I'll have to do this myself.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

I'm afraid that's unlikely. The best thing is to shut down the civ's ability to build units altogether and use specific events for each city.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks Tech!
      "Peace cannot be kept by force.
      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

In Pomarj, the Wild Coast city of Elredd (size 23) built the Impassable unit for ~100 turns. Similarly, 3 other cities that could build only capitalization, did so for ~250 turns.

The only problem with Elredd was that it was supposed to have a democratic government. However, when it had built all the units (the units were much too cheap to build) that it had shields to support, it switched to despotism in order to free up more shields. In despotism, only each unit above the city size costs one shield per turn.

This change really f****d up my trade income so I had to reload and toggle the flag for no government switching.
        Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
        Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Interesting behaviour for the AI...!

Sometimes, the AI-madness of unit building can mess up
          the most well-laid progression of design...I would go with
          tech's idea to shut down unit-making and use events...!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          X