AI question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI question

If given the opportunity, will the AI try to bribe cities?
    -rmsharpe

Speaking of Civ2 generally, yes.

I have noticed that the AI will cheat and allow non-diplomat/spy units to bribe other units - but I don't recall seeing anything other than a dip/spy incite or subvert a city.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The non-spy bribes seem to happen more at the top skill level (emperor)...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Giving the AI the opportunity, everything is possible.
        Yet, as far as my experience with vanilla civ games goes, the AI uses spy units primarily for opening embassies and stealing technologies.

Comment

I ask because I might be interested in working on a scenario where the only way to gain terrain is through subverting cities, and I don't want to wind up with a bunch of AIs that won't do anything.
          -rmsharpe

Comment

Ask my poor keyboard

Yes, the AI bribes cities, and it will bribe in scenarios. I don't know if there are any special circumstances necessary, though.
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

I suppose it depends on the difficulty level. All I can say from my vanilla games is that I never saw the AI bribing cities before Deity level.

Also, on Deity the AI uses also other units to bribe units.

Comment

I'm sure a little surplus money in AI coffers and desirable techs in your portfolio would encourage the AI. I'd also bet communism might influence AI behavior, but perhaps only to use spies, not necessarily to bribe cities.
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

You might be right about that, Boco. I never saw the AI actually bribe a city, no matter how "hard" the difficulty was set ...

Comment

I've found that the AI will only bribe cities at Emperor difficulty or higher.
                    Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Cities bribed by role 6 units only in your experience?
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

As I said before, none of my cities were actually bribed ... must have been the troops surroundding my cities

Jokes aside, I guess it depends not only on the difficulty level but also on the size and might of your civ. You know, in vanilla games it is quite boring to see your enemies coming up with crusaders or such stuff against your armoured platoons. The AI cheats, you all know that.

Comment

I vividly remember how I lost Toulouse thanks to bribes a few turns after I had conquered it with all my blood and steel in a scenario once. I also remember this happening every once in a while, wishing I would at least get the money.
                          Follow the masses!
                          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

The AI in ToT acts somewhat smarter than in FW/MGE. Possibly, AI bribing will happen more often in ToT...

Comment

I play only at deity level.
                              In classical or MGE version, AI may bribe unit, steal tech and even subvert a city.
                              I've noted that bribed units are generally isolate in ennemy territory and subverting cities is used by AI only after I subverted one (or several) of his cities, especialy to recover a lost city.
                              JCP
                              Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
                              X