Weakest reason to stop/pause a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weakest reason to stop/pause a game

Ok we've had RAH's smokes. Ming and I probably lead the league for falling asleep at the computer. But last nights game had to be the best.

IN the middle of the game, my wife comes running in , in tears panicking. She somehow lost her very very espensive, soon to be insured wedding ring.

Well after searching the entire house for 30 mins while RAH and Barano anxiously awaited my return, my wife came to the conclusion that either somehow it ended up down the garbage disposal or flushed down the toilet. So I told her we would get a plumber tomorrow, and in the meantime not to use any plumbing devices and proceeded, to my wife's chagrin, to continue our game.

then, after 10 more mins of crying and being told how inconsiderate I was for playing Civ at such a dire moment, the ring was found.

Where was it? you may ask. Well apparently my wife was adjusting her bra. And in the process of that realignment it fell off and was lodged between her ample breasts.

Now try and beat that one
    Last edited by Deity Dude; January 22, 2006, 02:48.

No can do... all I do is pass out sometimes
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I always love it when we've done everything we possible can at the time and finally give up the search, we're insensitive because we go back to our computer games. So even when they find it between their breasts, it's our fault even though we didn't put it there.

Besides smoke and grab a beer breaks, the only other ones are usually "SPIDER PATROL" . Especially amusing from my daughter who can totally crush a males hearts, but won't harm a bug.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yea h - I was meaning to ask if you lived in a haunted house or something.

Comment

Deity is famous for his having to go and mow the lawn at inopportune times.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I remember having to leave a game one night because my daughter had been busted for breaking curfew on a saturday nite.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I think your daughter needs to be liberated. Mingapulco is no place to raise a daughter.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
                Deity is famous for his having to go and mow the lawn at inopportune times.
                Hi finbar

he he

It's growing like mad at the moment! Drought is over for a while.

Hey, when are you and Horse going to play Civ4?

Hydey played a few game sessions but I don't think he likes it
                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity

Hydey played a few game sessions but I don't think he likes it
                  Tell him to stick with it - It takes awhile to get used to.

Comment

in about 7 months i can try "wife is in labour".... yes expecting again.
                    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by atomant
                      in about 7 months i can try "wife is in labour".... yes expecting again.
                      I wouldn't consider that a "weak" reason

Congrats and good luck!
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

If I was using that excuse, it would be weak, and a miracle. But for you, acceptable. Congrats.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah... nobody would believe it if we oldsters used that one...

We would have to modify it by saying.
                          "My daughter is in labor, and I need to go out and kill some boy"
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

HA HA HA

Comment

with two girls already, I am getting a shot gun, bottle of moonshine and a rocking chair on a prepayment... future purchase plan.... I look forward to sitting on my front porch and watch'n the boys a come a court'n
                              "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                              "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Working...
                              X