What does the AI build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the AI build?

Has anyone here looked into what rules the AI follows when it chooses which units to bulid? This is always a problem for scenario designers, since you mess around with almost all the variables.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Does anyone come here anymore?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

People do come here, but in my case, I have little that I can contribute to your question.

My recollection is that rules.txt contains some sort of priority for the different types of rulers as far as unit builds are concerned. I'm not sure whether this applies to white goods.

I suspect you would get a better answer in the scenario forum, but perhaps you have already tried that.

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

That's a tough question. It's hard to judge what the AI builds in a lot of games just because it often doesn't progress into the later stages of the game when there are more things to build.

It's also hard to judge because I have a strong suspicion that many units are cheat-built (e.g. if the AI empties out one of my cities with bombers, and has the Combined Arms tech, it's virtually guaranteed that it will paradrop into my city).

Some observations:

Defensive units preferred over offensive units. Alpines, especially.
        Lots of cruise missiles and nukes (to be expended against my Aegis stack and nuke traps, of course )
        Aqueducts often long before the city hits size 8
        Power plants
        Marines as offensive units (huh?)
        Paratroops and Helicopters in bunches.

So far as units go, the AI does seem to prefer the most powerful units it can build. If it can build battleships, it won't build cruisers. If it can build cruise missiles, it won't build bombers.

NOT carriers, as we all know.
        Anti-pollution devices (MT,RC,SP) seem pretty rare, probably because the AI doesn't have to worry about pollution. The AI will build Cathedrals/Colosseums, though.

Hope that helps.
        Last edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man; January 4, 2006, 11:03.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

i think ai always cheats because when i bombard city and kill all of its armies next turn they produce 2 more marines and the city hadn't got any roads surrounding it

Comment

Working...
          X