Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since civ2 is now $0.01 at amazon.com, is it now considered freeware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since civ2 is now $0.01 at amazon.com, is it now considered freeware?

civ 2 for $0.01

does this mean we can post the orginal graphics in civ2 (as long as it isnt for profit, aka a quick graphical base for a free-ware project?)

The interesting question is just what is available at 0.01 - the picture is MGE - the description FW ??
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

here's the warehouse list:

basicly 2 warehouses selling many old games for $0.01 trying to clear them out, probibly because they dont sell anymore.

its just the cd with the case and insert with the image, no box or manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
        The interesting question is just what is available at 0.01 - the picture is MGE - the description FW ??
        The description looks like ToT - that version has the layered maps and the midgard/lalande mods.... the picture is similar to the box of my copy of Civ2 vanilla, i think...
        Last edited by Tim_Augustus; December 24, 2005, 09:22.

Comment

lol, i guess everyone here forgot what the first version of civ2 was. this was way before tot and ctp were even made. no animated tiles, workers and setlers with engineeres, no multi-map games (earth only)

Comment

thats MGE edition or something. the very first civ2 discs,i have one(what,10 years old now? ).it dosnt have those scenarios etc.
            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I need to find a copy of the fantastic worlds CD because mine broke and I want the music files...I tried to find the music to download but no luck. Any suggestions?
              "Veni, vidi, vici."

Translation: "I came, I saw, I conquered." Written by Caesar, in a report to Rome in 47 B.C. after conquering Farnakes at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days.

Comment

Originally posted by zombielordzero
                lol, i guess everyone here forgot what the first version of civ2 was. this was way before tot and ctp were even made. no animated tiles, workers and setlers with engineeres, no multi-map games (earth only)
                No. Everyone still knows because everyone still plays FW and MGE scenarios. Both FW and MGE are before TOT and CTP and all that sh!t.

Civ2 Vanilla with upgrades

Successors

Comment

Working...
                X