No announcement yet.

Star Wars ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I think that in order to prevent such ships like the Falcon or the Rogue Squadron from jumping to Hyperspace from inside a gravity well teleporters should be placed around the outer edges of each solar system. This way might accurately depict some actual Star Wars physics

Comment

Unless the scenario is supposed to be primarily about logistics, a simpler system with more abstraction would probably work better, with ocean as space, or even land as space. Star Wars is a translation of a premodern world into space anyway, so the naval analogy works well.

An easy way to keep small ships from crossing large distances would be using the trireme flag.

Examples I've played in the past include:

CivSpace - map of galaxy, with an alternating pattern of land (regular space) and water (deep space). Planets were cities. "Sea" units moved much faster than "land" units. Units with limited range were air units.

Wing Commander - each planet (city) was surrounded by some "land" space. Oceans seperated each planet and its immediate area, and hyperspace routes were railroaded terrain that connected each planet area.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

now if only someone could get past the problem of giving a ship both carrier status and transport holds.
        This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Perhaps for test of time you could make the main map space, and all the subtypes different planet types with at least 1 impassible terrain, so you could effectively carve out planets from the submaps and as long as no units can cross impassible terrain then you can effectivly,isolate each planet you want to represent, thus allowing some degree of planetary warfare without having to supersize planets on the main map.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika
            Perhaps for test of time you could make the main map space, and all the subtypes different planet types with at least 1 impassible terrain, so you could effectively carve out planets from the submaps and as long as no units can cross impassible terrain then you can effectivly,isolate each planet you want to represent, thus allowing some degree of planetary warfare without having to supersize planets on the main map.
            Exactly

Comment

do the battle for Derra IV. it was a large rebel supply planet, the imperials battled in space against a pretty big rebel fleet, then went down and killed off a lot of rebels and took the supplies. it oculd be fun.

Comment

Sounds promising...

What kind of terrain? Any online links to this?
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                X