No announcement yet.

The Importance of Literacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief. Am I going to have to turn my back on Civ IV for a short while to try out a new idea?

Actually, I'm very bad at tech gifting, so something that makes it easier should be useful. But I still want MPE and Colossus.

Happy Christmas everyone.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I, too, am not a tech gifter (except for that initial MPE round for maps), so this thought has significant merit.

But it also opens up a side question -- Elephant mentioned "lower ranking WOW" -- is there a list (perhaps by civ type) regarding AI Wonder preferences; AI wonder building intensity? I noticed that most of the AI's won't start a wonder until they have four cities, sometimes at a higher level they'll start a wonder with only three. I've also casually noticed that they seem to favor some wonders more than others (after the first wave, any will do) with the Oracle coming in last.

That might be an interesting experiment -- start the AI with all the ancient wonder techs & three cities each, on separate continents from one another -- what happens? (Human might take MPE just for monitoring purposes...)
      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

The "lower-value Wonder" I was referring to was my own valuation - gift them Mas and they will probably switch to Pyramids (seems this is the highest value to AI civs in the first group) or gift Lit and they will probably switch to GL (second or third highest AI value). The idea is that I value something else higher - usually Colossus or HG.

Comment

Working...
        X