Chechnya: The Caucasian Revolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chechnya: The Caucasian Revolt

I've just started to design a map on the caucaucus, and the general theme about this is how the Russian invasion sparked off the spreading of the Islamic revolt in Chechnya.

But I don't know whether to have the player as the rebels or the Russian forces. Help would be grateful.

How about making it a duel scenario for MP?

Comment

I don't have MP

Comment

With MP he means MultiPlayer. so he means both sides should be playable for multiplaying via internet or PBEM.

I think you should make the Chechnyan side playable. Try to hold out as long as you can against an almost unbeatable AI.
        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Arthedain's probably got the most playable suggestion, but I've wondered how to portray the conventional power. To succeed, most counterinsurgencies require a widespread presence, which dilutes the military into vulnerable small units. The constant patrolling risks more casualties, which the occupiers eventually have to justify to the parents back home.

In Civ2, you'd need the rebels (AI) to generate weak units in virtually every accessible unoccupied square. The human could preclude this simply by occupying the square with a 'patrol'. The AI could have various units, available by a variety of triggers, that could have some chance to eliminate a patrol. The human then responds with a larger force that eliminates the AI concentration.

For this to work, you need to have two tensions:[list=1][*]Force the human to choose between building many small patrol units, or few relatively invulnerable units, and [*]Link victory to occupying cities (i.e. have a lot), and minimizing casualties. To do this, you'd probably need to use the conventional Civ scorekeeping system, rather than a purely objective-based one.[/list=1]

You could even invoke a de facto time limit by forcing troop reductions (removing most of the powerful conventional über-units) as a result of time or adverse results.

Does this make any sense?
          El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

yeah, just started making the map.

Comment

Depending on the time frame include a Events.txt file that brings in foreign Jihadists.
              Virginia Tech Hokies--->GO HOKIES!!! TechSideline.com

Comment

Working...
              X