Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you make alliances with the Barbarians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you make alliances with the Barbarians?

Is there any way to do it?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

No. But you can send a diplomat to one of their cities and establish a one time embassy.

Attila is their generic leader.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Yes. You just need to ask someone capable of hex-editing - and voilà! here you go with alliances with Barbs.

The only problem with this seems to be that I could not state if these alliances would by break-able.

You should wait until a hex-wizard appears on this thread (Agricola)

Comment

It's possible. Panda did so in Crisis of the new world order. Hex editing is the sollution.

Calling AGRICOLA!
        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Originally posted by jim panse
          You should wait until a hex-wizard appears on this thread (Agricola)
          Indeed. Agricola helped me with the exact same thing a while ago.
          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Dictator ToT had most civs in an alliance with the Barbs...Via hex editing.

AGRICOLA was the brain behind it!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

OK, so I should ask this AGRICOLA guy, then?

Thanks, everyone!

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Hex editing?
                Now i am sure i heard this technic a year ago somewhere...
                "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Oh right. That thing with which you could do a lot of other things in civ2.

Comment

@techumseh

Alliances will remain with the game unless playing the game changes them. AFAIK, alliances with barbs are impossible to break during a game because alliances can only be broken by diplomacy and dialogue with barbs is impossible. So you are probably safe in getting the alliances set up at any convenient time. Subsequent development work should have no effect.

Just attach the file to a post giving details of which civs are to be allied to to the barbs and I'll fix it ASAP.

P.S. Whatever happened to your GW scen?
                    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

So what happens if you try to attack an Allied barb?
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

@Boco: "Alliances can only be broken through negotiations." Sound familiar? You could probably break the alliance in this case by using a spy - either bribing a city or unit, or by doing sabotage. Or perhaps a 'MakeAggression' event?

@AGRICOLA: Thanks, I'll email it as soon as it's otherwise ready - in a day or two.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

So, if everyone is allied with the Barbs, do they just wander around getting in the way, occupying no cities and periodically disappearing?
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

That would be useful for those 'flying mountain' terrain.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

For some reason, I though @ANNOYALLIED had an option to dissolve the alliance.

Do other civs negotiate with you via @CANCELTREATY0 or @JIHAD to negate barb alliances?

Yes, it seems likely that spying could invoke @INCIDENTALLIED (or @WIMPOUT). Has this been observed with barbs? Tech, I suspect you're right that MakeAgression is the most surefire way to go.

The lifespan of a flying mountain will likely depend on it slot, @UNIT_ADVANCED settings, and range (for air units). Anything else?
                              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                              X