Trek Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trek Conversion

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. -- Gene Roddenberry

wonderful

Okay, a long time ago I posted a file of examples for sci graphics. But I've sort of decided the time is right to post a full star trek mod. All of the files are in the zip file I'm attaching. I don't know if there is any interest in this sort of thing right now and I suspect that there aren't too many people who frequent these forums. That being said, I'ld like to share what I've done. Its taken a lot of time to make this and if anyone actually checks this out it would be cool to know what you think. Oh, and there is no senario file 'cause the game's meant to be played like a regular civ game. I explain in the Mod Information text file what civs are meant to be included and some other stuff about whats different from a regular tot game.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. -- Gene Roddenberry

Comment

You should post them in the Creation - Scenario League forum.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

After a quick look, I can say it looks quite impressive. Lots of work went into this. I'll add more comments when I get a chance to play it a bit.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Idea

I just had a thought. One of the regrets I had was about wormholes. In theory, in a senario, one could have two maps with the above map connecting to the bottom at certain points and between those points having a railroad going between connected points. If this is feasible, one could eliminate the ability to build rail and have the above map accessable to all units. Essentially you could have the upper map become a simulation of hyperspace, connecting with multiple points on the primary map more like the mode of travel for star wars or B5 or andromeda. Or if one doesnt want instant travel, one could make it with river or road instead. Of course, settler units would have to be prevented from getting to hyperspace to prevent players from establishing bases in hyperspace, but players could keep forces in hyperspace lying in wait or blocking key points of transit. If the hyperspace realm was more like the andromeda situation with a network of straight lines running, this could be a major strategic factor. If, however, the hyperspace realm was covered entirely in terrain with roads or railroads, it would be more difficult to defend key positions and would probably lead to lots of interaction between all sides and fluidity of movement (if the AI is capable of utilizing the potential benefits).

Any thoughts?

Comment

Let's consolidate the threads about your Star Trek modpack over at Scenario League. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...73#post4148935
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
            X