Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Civ2 Site is up!

Hullow lads & lasses,

I am glad to announce the launch of my own Civ2 site! After starting to get familiar with HTML editing last Tuesday, I am now able to use the webspace provided by my university!

Follow this link to my Civ2 site!

Any comments, etc are highly welcome!

Btw, I was asked by Patine if I could host two of his scenarios for time being. Since Vienna University provides 200 MB for each student I am honoured to do so.

Happy Civving & keep up the flag

Great to see the launch of another Civ2 site!
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Good to see a new CIV2 site in this age of CIV4!

Even though there is still more work to be done - Top marks!!!

Reading the Napoleonic alternate timeline makes me
      want to create a scenario in that time even more!!!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good to see a new'un. What do intend to include when you develop it?
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Plenty of new CIV2 scenario stuff is coming that could be included!

EDIT:
          When Steph gets a window of opportunity in RL!

Last edited by curtsibling; November 12, 2005, 18:41.
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

@ all: Well, knowing first hand that Civ IV sucketh, Civ2 will rule forever!

@ Gareth: I intend to refurbish some of my own scenarios and then make them available on my site

@ Curt: I am sorry to disappoint you, this timeline is under construction (as a matter of fact, I am a busy bastard and I need to convert my hand-written notes to computer format yet) and is intended for a scenario I intend to create over the next months. If you do want to find out how this is going on, please be my guest to post comments and critics as the story evolves

Comment

jim, if it sucketh so bad, then I won't complain if you send your sucky copy to me.
              Even if it is in German.

A good start for the site.
              Has anyone thought of consolidating all the different graphics threads on their site? You could have different pages and show all the different units for different scenario types that you can find. That would be incredibly useful for builders.

Comment

Great to see.

Can the scenarios be downloaded yet? I can't do it for some reason.
                Virginia Tech Hokies--->GO HOKIES!!! TechSideline.com

Comment

I fixed the links now, Broken Hawk! Thank you for pointing that out

@ dude'o'york: I am still trying to get it look right, once I am done with that I will see how much webspace I have left

Comment

Congrats on your new site, JP!
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

"Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Contratulations Jim.
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Congrats, man!
                          Civ2 forever young
                          "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Cool Jim!

Comment

Great stuff, Steph!

And, thanks again for hosting those scens of mine! My webspace barely bears mentioning.

Comment

Working...
                              X