Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar plant and extra shield

Hi CivPeople!

I'm Italian and my English is too bad! Sorry!

I have uncovered an error playing to Civ2!
    Solar Plant not work as it would have. It produces no extra shield (50% cumulative with Factory). I've installed Civ2_42 patch file.
    How I can resolve this problem?

Thanks!

IIRC the solar plant only gives the shield boost if it is the only power plant active in a city - do you have Hoover's? this has already given you the power plant boost...

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

As SG intimated, any other power plant - the basic one, the Nuke, or the Hydro/Hoovers - will have already given you the 50% shield boost. If you have one of the other power plant improvements (but not Hoover), sell it off because Solar gives you a better pollution reduction. Solar also helps lower the chance of "global warming".

Comment

...but only via reducing pollution in general, no?

It is always possible to build solar plant because it does better pollution reduction. This means, you also want to build one if you already have a Hoover Dam, especially after the Manufacturing Plant

Comment

I didn't read it in instruction manual. What's the page number which explains this?

Tanks for all!

Comment

I don't even think the instruction manual gives anything away about buildings or units.

Comment

I don't have a copy of the manual with me, but the Civopedia says "Increases Factory output by 50% and eliminates all pollution caused by Shield Production. Helps to slow the onset of global warming by absorbing atmospheric heat."

Nethog's Civ2 Reference Pack says an SP "eliminates half a pollution skull's contribution to global warming".

Comment

Well, CivPeople!
                And now another question for you!!!

Exist one formula in order to calculate the number of SS Structurals to varying of SS Modules and SS Components?

Hi!

Comment

Originally posted by Elephant
                  I don't have a copy of the manual with me, but the Civopedia says "Increases Factory output by 50% and eliminates all pollution caused by Shield Production. Helps to slow the onset of global warming by absorbing atmospheric heat."

Nethog's Civ2 Reference Pack says an SP "eliminates half a pollution skull's contribution to global warming".
                  If you pull up the Civilization Score screen, you'll see that having Solar Plants gives you a bonus in the pollution field (which is normally a minus, or nil if you have no skulls onscreen).

I have a question related to this point, but I think it deserves another thread.
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                    I don't even think the instruction manual gives anything away about buildings or units.
                    It doesn't help you with any nuances of Civ in any way, other than explaining the most basic mechanics of the game (which the Tutorial does just as well).

If you have a manual, burn it.
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro

Exist one formula in order to calculate the number of SS Structurals to varying of SS Modules and SS Components?

Hi!
                      Here's one I appreciated; further down the thread is a good table of Hab/LS/PS modules versus Prop/Fuel component pairs:

More often that not, I win by landing. In almost all the games I have ever played I have either launched a full maxed out space ship or the 15S/3*2C/1*3M ship that is ideal for OCC. Recently I was faced with the very unusual situation of having my 15S/3*2C/1*3M ship ready in an OCC game...

The Great Library (in Strategy Forum) probably has some links to tables of spaceship parts too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro
                        I didn't read it in instruction manual. What's the page number which explains this?
                        Page 80 of the CivManual explains Pollution, including the positive effects of Nuke, Hydro and Solar Plants. If you are looking at the PDF version it is page 91.

Comment

Working...
                        X