Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wonder back, or Civilization II dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wonder back, or Civilization II dead!

I am trying to make a scenario, but a slight error caused me to lose an important wonder. I destroyed the city of Memphis, which I had forgotten had the Great Pyramids in it, but which I had misplaced. Is there any way I can get my wonder back? It had been a while since I saved.
    Last edited by LesResistance; October 14, 2005, 17:50.

IS ANYBODY ALIVE HERE?!

Comment

Make a scenario? Ask in the Scenario League forum!
      It's not a massive problem - you can create a new city on exactly the same spot, and add whatever you want to it. Until the game begins, it matters not which wonders/city improvements have been created/destroyed in a city. While you're in the editor, the world is your oyster.

Go here: http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=29 for more advice and tips.

Comment

duke - bull****. a destroyed wonder will not return.

Comment

He said he was trying to make a scenario though. I have no idea why he would want to destroy a city as part of the creation of a scenario. Ask at the Scenario League for help!

Comment

Circumstances don't change facts. The wonder is lost.

Comment

Very well, I bow to your superior knowledge of the scenario engine in Civ 2. I'm proud to have been the polite one in this thread, and on that note, sirs, I shall take my leave.

Comment

What does scenario design have to do with anything?

Comment

Re: My wonder alive, or Civilization II dead!

Originally posted by LesResistance
                  I am trying to make a scenario, but a slight error caused me to lose an important wonder.
                  It seems that the good duke was responding to a question.

While your assistance in appreciated Ecthy, you might want to lose the attitude.

/me
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

You should drop by the Scenario League forum, you're bound to get much more help and advise there.

In any case, I'm pretty sure that the only way to revert lost wonders is through hex-editing.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Blah. lost is lost.

Comment

Ecthy, try before you speak. I just tried this in Cheat Mode of Civ2.42 (Classic), which does not have all the extra scenario editing features of the later versions, but I can delete Wonders and add them back to cities without any problem. The one thing I could not do was delete the city itself. I can set the size to 0, or clear the food box and set a Settler building so it will disband next turn, but I cannot figure out how to just knock out and rebuild a city without allowing a game turn to elapse. If the issue is that the destruction of the city during a play turn caused the Wonder to go on the list as "destroyed", then I don't know if you can use Cheat Mode to get it back. I can test that out and get back to you, it will just take a bit longer.

Comment

Re: My wonder alive, or Civilization II dead!

Originally posted by LesResistance
                          I am trying to make a scenario, but a slight error caused me to lose an important wonder. I destroyed the city of Memphis, which I had forgotten had the Great Pyramids in it, but which I had misplaced. Is there any way I can get my wonder back? It had been a while since I saved.
                          He didn't delete the wonder. He destroyed a city with a wonder in it.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r
                            You should drop by the Scenario League forum, you're bound to get much more help and advise there.
                            I doubt the thread starter hung around long enough to read the replies to his post, anyway.

Originally posted by N35t0r
                            In any case, I'm pretty sure that the only way to revert lost wonders is through hex-editing.
                            That's right. It's a simple procedure for anyone with a hex editor.

Originally posted by Ecthy
                            Blah. lost is lost.
                            Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Everyone has to calm down...

I can't believe you all had the nerve to get into an argument here!

In the end, I just started from where I had last saved. I found a really good city editor so the problem won't happen again. Still, it seems that it would be nice if one could 'resurrect' wonders in the out-of-the-box game. Thank you for all your input.

Comment

Working...
                              X