Can a Settler Transform Land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Settler Transform Land?

We all know the answer to this question should be "no", but I've been trying a "workaround" that might be of interest to others. The situation was my OCC city was surrounded by Plains and I had a couple precharged Settlers (around 10 turns each) when I discovered Explosives and built my first Engineers. I wanted to turn the Plains to Grass ASAP and I thought about the precharging of the Settlers. I moved one settler on a road onto a Plains square and started Mining, then moved one Engineer onto the same square and did the same. The Settler transfered its ten turns of precharging to the Engineer (which equaled 5 turns of Engineer work). Then I woke up the Engineer, changed him to "transfOrm" and had the Grass tile in half the time. I set the Settler back to charging again (Mining a Plains is a good job, since it is supposed to take 15 Settler turns and Plains are usually roaded early) and did the same with the other precharged one. The only tricky part I saw was the right time to wake up the Engineer - AFTER he did his own work on the Mining job.

Sounds rather a neat bit of work but probably requires a level of attention to detail that I don't usually manage (Actually I quite often forget to revolt in the next OEDO year.)

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

It's a good use of the transfer of charge to a second worker trick
      JCP
      Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
      X