Need Giga-Map of Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Giga-Map of Japan

I Need a giga map of japan. No tundra or swamps, as they are going to be used for special terrain, I have a map but it is not giga and it has a number of flaws, (30x150! skinny beyond reason!) I need one that has only japan and it's islands, plus sakhalin and kuril islands. no korea or other parts of asia, plus lots of ocean space to the north-east and northwest of japan, thanks in advance,

plus any information on japanese military during the early 80's would also be appreciated,
    edit:yet even more
    more info needed,
    a good soviet army general in the early 1980's
    the name of a japanese prime minister in the early 1980's
    british, korean, french and australian tanks and aircraft from the early 1980's
    Last edited by Broken_Erika; September 10, 2005, 13:11.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

here is a general picture of what i need,
    Attached Files
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

Do I suspect a samurai or anime scenario in the making?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Godzilla!
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Lets just say that the japanese will be having some fun with a certain communist behemoth.

Comment

Will post detailed info about the Japanese Air Self Defence Force and the Naval and Army air arms in 1980/81 tomorrow morning. But must sleep now or Mr Hangover will punish me...

Comment

well to give you an idea of what the scenario is about, here is a pre-alpha title screen,
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika
                Lets just say that the japanese will be having some fun with a certain communist behemoth.
                Stalinzilla!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Japanese Air Units in 1980... (Source: Air Forces of the World: Salamander 1980)

100 F-15C/Ds (not all of these may have yet arrived: economic problems and slow construction output)
                  140 F-4EJs
                  14 RF-4EJs (Recce Phantoms...)
                  169 F-104Js (Aging Starfighters)
                  160 F-86Fs (Dinosaurs... Many in process of being replaced by F-1s, but would be pressed back into service during a conflict like yours...)
                  67 F-1s (Mitsubishi fighter. About half delivered by date)
                  6 E-2C AEW Hawkeyes

I won't waste time with the transport, training, rescue types, etc. Unless you really want them

Japanese Maritime Self-Defence force, had...

83 P-2J's, Lockheed Neptune ASW plane.
                  45 P-3C Orions. Patrol and ASW
                  28 S-2A's. Small ASW plane
                  95 SH-3A: Sikorsky ASW choppers.

The army used a variety of helicopters, including...

About 80 AH-1 Cobras. Not sure about this number, many were still on order...
                  Between 80-140 UH-1 "Hueys"
                  About 140 Kawasaki/Hughes OH-6
                  And about 50 KV-107-IIA *
                  Various other minor training types, etc...

*( http://www.internetmodeler.com/2005/...demy_kv107.php )
                  Last edited by Tigey; September 11, 2005, 08:52.

Comment

This topic contains a number of handy photos of Japanese hardware

According to my Salamander Tank Guide and a modern copy of Janes...

About 250 Type 60 Self-propelled Recoilless Rifle" "tanks"...
                    Type 61 MBTs. Developed in 1961. Looks very similar to the American M47. Began to be phased out in 1984.
                    Type 74 MBTs Good Tank. Plenty of pictures around.
                    Type 75 155mm SP Howitzer. Fairly modern (in your timeline), designed in 1977. Looks a lot like the American M109A1.
                    Type 90 Mitsubishi MBT. Modern. Prototypes completed in mid 1980s, but only entered service in 1992. Could be a research goal, without stretching historical accuracy TOO much...
                    Type 89 IFV. Modern IFV/MICV. Development began in 1984, production began in 1991. Possible research goal...
                    Type 73 APC. 1970s APC. Looks like someone squashed an M113.
                    SU 60 APC. 1950s/60s APC. About 430 built. http://armyreco.ifrance.com/asie/jap...escription.htm

I was going to post a huge number of pictures and such, but most of the above are actually rather easy to find on Google, so I'll save the forums bandwidth...
                    Last edited by Tigey; September 11, 2005, 08:51.

Comment

Working...
                    X