things be a bit slow here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things be a bit slow here

too bad. civ 2 is all i still play - from time to time.

Crawling, in fact.

I'm the same way - I play the occasional scenario, and tackle a gigamap ToT game from time to time as well.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

For nostalgia value I tried a few GOTM games at Civfanatics (and even got an honorary mention in one game).

It seems that's where the Civ2 action is these days with one of our oldies, Smash, moderating.

Comment

Great to hear about Smash's whereabouts! I've wondered quite a lot about what happened to him, thanks for the info!

And yes, I miss the good old days too... Good thing that 'Poly still hangs in there, though!

Carolus

Comment

To say the truth, smash doesn't post very often.
          There are 2 moderators and the one who is active "daily" is Duke of Marlborough.
          IMO the civ2 forums at civfanatics have more or less the same level of activity as those at Apolyton, apart from the GOTM forum where some experienced players (such as Elephant, grigor, Peaster and myself, to mention some of those who also post regularly at Poly) enjoy posting.
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

What are GOTM games?

Carolus

Comment

Game Of The Month - sometimes a random start, sometimes a scenario or customized start. There is a special scoring method that emphasizes earlier finishes, and medals for Highest Score (regular, not GOTM) and Fastest Finish. OCC players get special mention too. New games are usually posted on the first of the month, and the deadline is usually between the 5th and 10th of the next month (for laggards like Old n Slow...).

Comment

Originally posted by Elephant

(for laggards like Old n Slow...).
                Well, an appropriate nick it seems...

Thanks!

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                X