Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lord of the Rings Scenario

Arrived at last:

The first version of my Lord of the Rings scenario (attached is just the rules and stuff. The units, icons, and stuff will be next, followed by sound).

It's my first complete scenario, involving entirely different units and icons than the other scenarios i make because i don't want my wonders to expire, and i think certain original units look dumb.

I've spent alot of time on this, modifying units, borrowing other people's units (most of the units here are made by somebody else), searching through a massive stock of icons, trying to come up with names for all of the wonders, city improvements, and the few remaining modern or industrial advances (most of the tech tree from the industrial age and afterwards is gone)

So I hope it all looks good. I would appreciate any and all suggestions for making it better.

There will be at least one more version of this, though, since the sound files really don't match up (something about a catapult making the horse archer sound effect when attacking just doesn't work, y'know?). Could somebody tell me how to change the files that each unit accesses when it attacks?

And I'd like to renew my call for some Uruk-hai. Anybody got one? Bueller? Bueller?
    Attached Files

units, towns, icons, etc
    Attached Files

Comment

ok, i can't get the sound files to load. just copy all of the ones from the MIDGARD scenario, and you should be ok.

Comment

Downloading.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Checking it out....
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

i've noticed a few problems- i.e. i forgot to give each civ the advance that cancels the other civs units, so the elves can only build elf units, etc.

the next version will likely include a neat little narration thing at the opening of the scenario, and appropriate sounds for each unit, if i can figure out how to change them.

and, of course, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X