Help! Patch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Patch problems

I'm having trouble with the civ 2 patch. I think I have civ Ultimate, the UK version. I can't find the right patch - I keep getting an error saying "a copy of Civ2 MGE was not found on this machine" and the installation is aborted. This when I thought I had the UK patch....

Install shield might have something to do with it.

I've tried the civfanatics patch but its not working for me. Their Uk patch link seems to download the MGE (US) version!?!?! Same with Poly.

Anyone got another version I can download?? Any suggestions??

There is a high probability I'm just doing something wrong
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

There is a high probability that you are correct.

I have never seen the issue you are describing.
    But I would think if you looked at the help about or the properties, you should be able to determine which version you actually are running.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've not had this problem before. I think it could be the comp setting - like, why am I getting install shield to open a patch???
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

What OS are you running?
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

XP - when I try to install the error I get is can't find a copy of the game on the system

If the install would just complete I would probably be okay.

Comment

Have you installed the game without errors?
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Install progarm should not be necessary with the patch, a simple unzip to the civ2 folders is sufficient from my experience with the civfanatics downloads.

Comment

Mine goes thru an install process which bascally does what Trev does manually.
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I have all patches on my hard drive if you want it emailed.
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

If you put the patch in the wrong directory, you can get that message.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

thanks - you might be onto something there.

Comment

Working...
                      X