Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible create 10 Civilizations in Civilization II Multiplayer scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panda, really dig the idea for creating extra city styles spread across barbarian cities, by regulating population with terrain.
    Ants. An MGE scenario
    http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=57835_ant.zip

Comment

Hey! Welcome to the CIV club, Marcelo L.K.!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

completely unrelated: how did panda register on this site in 1970? especially considering how his profile says he was born in 1976?

Comment

Thanks a lot!!! I really like this club and this Site.
          Civilization II for me is better than the others.
          Bu
          But you will understand that I said,if you rename the CITIES.gif in Civilization II or Civilization II Multiplayer.
          Example: the original CITIES we rename CITIES1 or other name-CITIES2, and just copy my CITIS to the game and play.
          When you finished that, please atart a new game or any scenario. You will see the changes that CPU have made. The modfifications that I would like to retire.
          Please, anybody can help me?
          If it is possible,make the test with my CITIES; play the game with my CITIES ok?

- X -

Confession for one CiverIn English)
          "I take a half of my time playing Civ2 MGE and the other half what I will make one this first half"
          (A.Mayer)

Confissão de um Civer: (In Portuguese from Brasil)

- Passo metade do meu dia jogando Civ2 e a outra metade pensando no que farei nessa primeira metade. (A. Mayer)

Comment

Originally posted by cousarmy0001
            completely unrelated: how did panda register on this site in 1970? especially considering how his profile says he was born in 1976?
            That's an easy one that any sci-fi addict can answer. He has discovered time travel.

@Marcelo L.K.
            I don't think that anyone understands what you mean by the word "retire". It makes very little sense in the context that you are using it. Please try to explain what you want to say or give some synonyms.
            Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
            Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Retire=Delete=Clear

More words? Any questions? Please ask to me.
              Everybody will understand all that I said only if rename the CITIES and put(put=copy)
              in Civilization II/Civilization II Multiplayer.
              Then starts a game or any scenario; there everybody will see the modifications that CPU made.
              But if nodody can`t make this test that I said, I think
              nobody will understand this.
              Finallylease make this test. Help me, ok???
              Just rename original CITIES.gif and put(put=copy) in the Civilization II game my CITIES. And play a normal game or start all scenarios that you want-so you will see the modifications that CPU make; that I want delete, ok?

Just rename the orginal CITIES, and then copy my cities to the Civ II; so play the game and play all scenarios that you want.
              Then peple will see the modifications that CPU made.
              This changes are that I want to clear(delete).
              Anybody help me making with this test?

Comment

The terms delete and copy are the correct ones.

@EVERYBODY
                OK, I think I understand what the problem is.

If you download the attachment (CITIES.gif) and use it to replace an existing CITIES.gif in vanilla CIV2 or a scen you get garbage on the map when you start a game or open a save.

I'm too dumb and too busy (GNIKCUF bad self-replicating Trojan infection that will require burning CD's to save data, formatting XP hard drive and reinstalling XP. TIHS!!! ) to figure out why there is a problem with his CITIES file.

Anyone help?
                Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

I've spotted the problem...

Let me upload a working cities.gif

[edit:] With all the great civ minds here, I find it odd that nobody spotted this.

Marcelo, this is the cities.gif that you posted. The one you report doesn't work right:

I now attatch what I believe to be the deafult Civ2 Cities.gif (at least, it works):

You will notice I circled an area of the image in red. If you see your image, in the same area you can see flags.

The problem here is that you can't move the different graphics around inside cities.gif (or any other Civ2 gif), as the game doesn't look for the lables that read 'fortify' 'airbase', etc, but for a specific rectangle that starts y pixels from the top and x pixels from the side.

Thus you need to leave the fortify, fortress and the two airbase graphics where they are in the original file.

You have also reduced the size of the rectangles with the flags. This is also causing problems, as the game also reads the flags from pre-defined positions inside the gif. You should restore the flags from a working version of cities.gif and work from there, but remember NOT to alter the green frames. You can modify what's inside, but not their shape, size or position.

Hope this helps.
                  Last edited by N35t0r; September 26, 2005, 15:15.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Ok. Thanks for everbody.
                    It´s really really so dificulty/impossible to create thirteen Civilizations. I tried so much, but nothing happens...
                    Then I ask again if is it possible to create 10 Civilizations.
                    I know that we can have 8 Cvilizations + 1=Barbarians.
                    But I don`t know how it is possible to make to the barbarians=1 Civilization with governmente:democracy, fundalism and others. If you have idea, please tell me, ok?????
                    My idea for a scenario for Civ II MGE:
                    Unifications scenario 1860-1870
                    1)People of Church(Pius IX)-English Church
                    2)Piemont-Sardinian(Cavour)-Italy Revolucionary
                    3)Bourbons(Franz II)-French allied to Napoleon III
                    4)French(Napoleon III)
                    5)Toscanians(Leopold II)-Allied to Austrians
                    6)Austrians(Franz Joseph) other Autro Hungarian Empire
                    7)Holsteinians(Hans)-Dinmark
                    8)Prussians(Otto Von Bismarck)-Part of Deutschland
                    9)Bavarians(Lothar)-south of Deutschland
                    10)Spain(D.Carlos other D. Afonso otherAmadeu Emanuel other Leopold Von Hollenzollern)
                    If you know how, please tell me!!!!!!!!
                    My e-mails:marcelokoehler@gmail .com
                    and marcelokoehler@yahoo.com.br
                    Please don´t forget me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    !!!!
                    Thanks for everbody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    !!!!
                    Confession for one CiverIn English)

"I take a half of my time playing Civ2 MGE and the other half what I will make one this first half"
                    (A.Mayer)

Confissão de um Civer: (In Portuguese from Brasil)
                    - Passo metade do meu dia jogando Civ2 e a outra metade pensando no que farei nessa primeira metade. (A. Mayer)

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelo L.K.
                      Ok. Thanks for everbody.
                      It´s really really so dificulty/impossible to create thirteen Civilizations. I tried so much, but nothing happens...
                      Then I ask again if is it possible to create 10 Civilizations.
                      No, it is impossible!!!

I know that we can have 8 Cvilizations + 1=Barbarians.
                      No! 7 civilizations + Barbarians

But I don`t know how it is possible to make to the barbarians=1 Civilization with governmente:democracy, fundalism and others. If you have idea, please tell me, ok?????
                      Again: impossible!!!

You can have the Barbarians as a special 8th civ, but not a "real one": they won't behave as a normal civ, and they won't do any research!

So you should keep the Barbarian civ only for a special purpose!
                      Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                      Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                      POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                      LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Does anybody know what happens when you make the barbarians the playable civ, if you can actually retain your advances and research more techs?

The barbarians do actually have research, so if you make an embassy with them you receive notification pop-ups when they research, say, Alphabet. But then it's like they can't remember and the next research pop-up could also be alphabet.
                        "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

I think the barbs are always 'visible', as far as I know.

I have had updates on their tech discoveries, even with no embassy.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

That could well be, when they control a city. Sorry: assumption on my part.

But does anyone know what happens research-wise when you set the barbs as the playable city?
                            "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

There's a small bit of research that will go on from owning a city, but that's it. I'm talking molasses pace.

Comment

You CAN give the barbs a specific government, using CivTweak, an excellent little utilty program by Carl Fritz. Get it here: http://users.stargate.net/~harden/index.html
                                You can use it to make barbarians unbribable, by making them a Democracy. Otherwise, I'm not sure it makes any difference.
                                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                                X