Apolyton Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Hall of Fame

It seems that Darkcloud has started a new Hall of Fame vote and forgotten the Civ 2 General Forum (as have many of the poster who used to post regularly here ).

Not wanting for us to miss out, I am posting a link to the thread in Civ 2 MP to help prevent that from happening.

I wouldn't suggest that anyone vote in this thread, as Darkcloud is unlikely to check it.

For the record, I voted in that thread for DaveV, La Fayette and Slowthinker.

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

@Sparrowhawk
    Thanks for providing this link. It gave me the opportunity to vote again for the same three good lads you voted for. And shame on DC for forgetting the Civ2 General Community (MP is a different game, after all).

@ALL
    I haven't been able to post in a long time so let me say thankyou all for your kind and encouraging words of support and your good wishes. It is especially heartwarming to see my name on some of your ballots. For some reason, silly things like HoF take on exaggerated meaning to me now.

Suffice it to say that I am still fighting. The family is moving me to a new location soon and I don't know if I will be able to have internet service or post again. So,....

It sure was fun though wasn't it!!

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

It was fun - I have great memories of succession games with ridiculously arcane (and difficult) rules. The assembled minds of the Institute managed to pull each and every one of them out the fire, of course!

Hang in there, Monk.
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Bloody Monk,

I think you know that the Liverpudlian SuperClads & 'Crooks would sail to your defense were it to any avail.
        As the Old Man said, "Hang in there".
        You are in our thoughts, old friend

Stu
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

...and prayers...

Perhaps our august healthcare institutions might consider helping patients play Civ as "attitude uplifting/diverting"?

Comment

Great to see you posting Monk. Hang on in there.

RJM at Sleeper's
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

SitRep 8/28:

#7= Lafayette
              #13= DaveV
              #17= SlowThinker
              #76= BloodyMonk

Top 3:
              #1= MasterZen
              #2= Immortal Wombat
              #3= Berzerker

Rock The Vote!

Comment

Imagine that, OT posters leading in HoF voting
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                X