Scenario Design Contest 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Design Contest 4

Hello there. I was just browsing through the old design contests for Civ2, and i'm wondering, was there ever a result to the 4th one? I know this must be appr. 5 years old, but perhaps somebody still remembers And while i'm at it, the same question goes for the 3rd one.

The Hodadian Awards Center may be defunct but as far as I know, only the winner info from contest 3 is missing because that was posted in a thread and all old threads are still in limbo because of a recent server mishap.

The reason you can't find any of the contest results is because the SL site is being upgraded and they haven't gotten to those pages yet. See these pages for info on winners of contest 1,2 and 4

anyway from memory, the winner of contest three was the Odessy. It was a most memorable scenario by Paul Cullivan featuring theme music from the Rock. Its a pity there is no page glorifying it but I'm sure St Loe will get round to that eventually.

this page gives the theme

and you can find the winner in the middle of this page
    Name Description King David of Israel When David conquered Jerusalem around 1005 BC, he was a minor king subject to the Philistines. Israel`s first king Saul had been crushed at Gilboa by the Philistines, who resumed their customary dominance over the country. Instead of garrisoning the Hebrew towns they now preferred a policy of divide

there was a TOT section to contest three involving Dracula but I can't remember what happened in the end, I think there was only one entry or something.
    Last edited by kobayashi; July 2, 2005, 14:25.
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

By the way, the first sound file from Archer3000 in SDC2 leads to a broken link. Does anyone know where to find an alternative?
      This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

@kobayashi: Many thx! BTW, your TRON scenario is really great

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi
          there was a TOT section to contest three involving Dracula but I can't remember what happened in the end, I think there was only one entry or something.
          There are three SDC#3 scenarios (ToT) at The Cradle of Civilization:

Comment

Working...
          X