Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Ok, it all started off with me using a 'bats are obsolete' zip file from Civ Fanatcis, and it then proceeded to make civ two unplayable, so then I installed this zip into my system 32 directory.

I've tried to install Civ 2 through Windows XP but when I start to install it a pop up appears with the following on it C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows. Choose close to terminate the application. Does anyone know what...

but now there's another problem (seems never ending this crap) everytime I now click on other windows, civ II turns itself off.

For example I'm making an Iraq scenario, and I'm using a map for reference, whilst looking for it through my pictures file, Civ II map maker is on, yet I can't have them on at the same time, CIV II stops working when I go on another file.

I put the Zip contents into system 32, and it asked me to replace the file it already had with the one I have in my zip file. What should I do?

Your question might get better results from the Scenario League forum than this one, but I can confirm that you can only open one instance of Civ2 at a time - it replaces the current game rather than opening a new window. Same for the Map Editor. This may be due to 16 bit code that cannot run multiple simultaneous threads.

Comment

So what should I do then?

Comment

If I understand correctly your only problem is that you can't view the map and game at the same time. If you aren't making modifications to the map as you go along, just save the map with Photoshop or similiar and view it thru this.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
        X