negotiations bug in scenario or game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• negotiations bug in scenario or game?

I am quoting these excerpts from my post in general forum because I thought someone could help me out from the scenario league. Thanks!

from ECC: I have installed vanilla Civ2 plus both expansion packs (conflicts and fantastic worlds). There has been a major problem in negotiations. For instance, in the "Apocalypse scenario", special notes : "Negotiations between the non-human tribes are not permitted." Yet, every time I choose any race it still allows me negotiations with the non humans. The same goes for every other scenario that I have tried. I am wondering now if there are other strange things going on I'm not aware of, anyone else encountered this? Is something wrong with the civ2 installed files?
    from rjmatsleepers: BTW (in case you don't know this), there is a major bug in Fantastic Worlds. The effect is to limit diplomatic interaction. I don't know under what circumstances the bug takes effect - for example, maybe it doesn't apply to scenarios. However, my advice is not to use FW for standard play. RJM at Sleeper's
    from ECC: Thanks, after you told me about the bug I looked it up and found it :http://sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/...ed_events.shtml
    Last edited by ecc; June 15, 2005, 15:46.

I'm sorry, ecc, but I have neither noticed nor tried to test for this bug.

I have seen the Negotiation trigger work as advertised in events that I've programmed, yielding the @NOFOREIGN dialog. However, it's been a long time since I've tried FW, since virtually all my Civving is in ToT.

[Edit]The link is currently dead for me[/Edit]
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
    X