No announcement yet.

favorite scenarios? ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairline has a pretty solid list - can't go wrong with any of those. One missing classic is Tecumseh's "Prince of Darkness". I last played it in the 90's and I still have a VIVID recollection of the Evil Empire coming to finish me off when the timer finally ticked down to zero. Chills....still!!
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling

Damn, now the CIA are going to hunt me again!

Don't feel bad Curt, I was planning to ask your real name for the Freeciv 2 graphics author's list anyway.
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

"East, Wind, Rain"

The first decent homemade ww2 scenario. It was the only homemade scenario I enjoyed on the first Civ2 datadisk (CiC ).
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika

what errors do you get when you try to run it?
          I'm using my Dad's computer right now (it's the only one in the house with net access), but I believe it just tells me "WinG Error:2" every time I click on the icon for civ2 or the map editor. All the supposed ME fixes recommended to me so far have failed. I'll try the compatibility mode thing next time I start my 'puter up, though I'm not optimistic. ME seems determined to utterly castrate the user for fear of letting somebody else run its machine.

To stay on topic, I made exactly one scenario, though in retrospect it's highly flawed. Search this forum for "Broken Kingdom," you should find it.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

I'm using my Dad's computer right now (it's the only one in the house with net access), but I believe it just tells me "WinG Error:2" every time I click on the icon for civ2 or the map editor. All the supposed ME fixes recommended to me so far have failed. I'll try the compatibility mode thing next time I start my 'puter up, though I'm not optimistic. ME seems determined to utterly castrate the user for fear of letting somebody else run its machine.

To stay on topic, I made exactly one scenario, though in retrospect it's highly flawed. Search this forum for "Broken Kingdom," you should find it.
            wing and wing32 are dll files, they go in your c:\windows\system folder or wherever your system folder is,
            Attached Files
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Kull
              ..One missing classic is Tecumseh's "Prince of Darkness". I last played it in the 90's and I still have a VIVID recollection of the Evil Empire coming to finish me off when the timer finally ticked down to zero. Chills....still!!
              I've never played that one Kull. Do you know where it's available (other than by pestering Tech)?

BTW, I've just finished replaying Seeds of Greatness for the umpteenth time - it always sucks me in with it's brilliant combination of capturing the essence of original civ combined with a perfect ancient near-east tech-tree

Would you mind if I posted the units set I made for my latest play-through?
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling

Damn, now the CIA are going to hunt me again!

Oops, sorry C.
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Seeds of Greatness ------ Paul Cullivan (Kull)
                  Hellas ---------------------- John Ellis (Patient English)
                  Quest for Asia ------------ Stefan Hartel ( + all of his scenarios!)

strongly agree with all these.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I've always enjoyed River War by Allard. If only he would make a new (ToT) version.
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Alright, I've tried a couple of these, and will download the rest. Keep your favorites coming in, when the TOP ICKS slow down I'll tab them at the bottom. This will stay very informal though!
                      Ants. An MGE scenario
                      http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=57835_ant.zip

Comment

Also, that was a clever pun if you missed it, b/c this thresad is technically about top picks, and yet the number of topics could be lessened...
                        Ants. An MGE scenario

Comment

Originally posted by fairline

I've never played that one Kull. Do you know where it's available (other than by pestering Tech)?
                          JB has it up on the Spanish Civ Site - Go to Civ 2, Bestonet, Fantasy

I started a new game of POD today, and it just sucked me right back in. God, I DESPISE the Stygians! Tec could not have done a better job portraying evil incarnate.

BTW, I've just finished replaying Seeds of Greatness for the umpteenth time - it always sucks me in with it's brilliant combination of capturing the essence of original civ combined with a perfect ancient near-east tech-tree
                          Grazie (I have the same "problem" with Imperium Romanum)

Would you mind if I posted the units set I made for my latest play-through?
                          Absolutely! The units are a bit dated (putting it mildly), so I'd love to see what you've come up with.

@biru biru: such a cunning linguist......
                          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
                            I've always enjoyed River War by Allard. If only he would make a new (ToT) version.
                            Looks like he did
                            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

@ Kull: heh heh
                              Ants. An MGE scenario

Comment

* Red Front

* Operation Herbstnebel-Battle of Ardennes
                                * Age of Justinian
                                * Age of Crusades
                                * The Norvegian Campaign
                                * Subwarse
                                * Gotterdammerüng-The Downfall of 3rd Reich
                                * Dungeon
                                * Battle for Sevastople
                                * Stalingrad (unfinished)
                                * Shadow Over Mystara (my next scenario )

Order is random (except 1st position )

Comment

Working...
                                X