Warlords of China update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords of China update

Warlords of China is almost done, and in order to motivate myself to finish it this summer, I am, against my better judgement, starting this thread. A few more units and some other art, and a few final events, and I'll be ready to send it out for playtesting.

The scenario is set in 20's and 30's China, where central authority has been destroyed and warlords struggle for supremacy. The Koumintang and the Communists are allied against the warlords - for now. And in the wings, the Kwantung Army waits for an opportunity to conquer a divided China.

Warlord armies are made up of infantry, mortars, machine guns and artillery, along with exotic interwar tanks, armored cars and aircraft purchased from abroad. In the wake of their defeat by the Reds, White Russian infantry, cavalry and armored trains serve as mercenaries. Later, military advisors from the Bolsheviks and the Weimar Republic are available - to the skillful negotiator.

Minor warlords are represented by barbarians, as are bandits, pirates and mongol raiders. Special units like Tong gangsters, opium merchants, commissars and spies give a "pulp fiction" atmosphere to the scenario.

Unit art is split between Fairline and myself. I'm doing most of the figures, Gareth is doing most of the aircraft and vehicles. Here is a sample of some of the units I've made. They are: pirate, White Russian infantry, bandit, People's Liberation Army, warlord infantry, executioner, Japanese naval landing force, and warlord.

More later.
    Attached Files
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Finally Can´t wait any longer, Brian

Some more information/teasers?

Comment

Thanks Stephan.

I'll try to put up some screenshots tomorrow. In the meantime, I can tell you that it's suitable for multi-player and single player, and all civs are playable. The Civs are: Koumintang, Communists, Fengtien Faction (warlord), Chihili Clique (warlord), League of 5 Provinces (warlord), Kuominchun Clique (warlord) and the Kwantung Army (Japan).

It runs from July 1916 to July 1937, the time of the Incident at the Marco Polo Bridge, when the Japanese launched the all out war against China. It is, of course, made for Test of Time.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Techumseh it sounds like you're going to do a pretty good job in this scenario of simulating the intense multi front civil war like conflict that raged through China in the era.

Those are some pretty nice infantry you released there too. I can't wait to see what these interwar tanks and foreign purchased aircraft ook like. What kind of a map will you be using? Will it be a new map made just for Warlords of China?

Comment

Yes, it's a made-for-the-scenario map of China, Mongolia, Korea and Formosa. When I started work on this long ago, Tim Smith (hi-res mod) made a wonderful Great Wall terrain for me - just before he moved to China!

Modern foreign units cannot be built, but are delivered in small numbers via events to the civ that first discovered the corresponding technology. So it's a bit of a race combined with strategy.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I've been looking forward to this one for a Loooooong time.
            STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

True quality takes time, and by that, we can expect a real winner here!

Can't wait!
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here's a couple of screenies. The first is forces of the Chihili Clique, under Wu Pei-Fu (The Jade Marshal), forcing a crossing of the Yangtze River to attack a Communist base area. They are supported by a Vickers Vimy bomber, and a Char St. Chamond tank.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

oops.....
                  Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

This one shows an amphibious attack by the Kwantung Army on the Shantung penninsula. Naval landing forces backed up by air and naval forces attempt to take control from Chang Ts'ung-chang (the Dog Meat General) who defends with infantry and pirates while bringing up an armored train.
                    Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Very glad to see this Tech!

Were the naval forces commanded by Adm Alpo?

I understand, Fairline, that Chinese and Turkish armoured trains looked very similar.
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
                        Were the naval forces commanded by Adm Alpo?
                        No, Commodore Kibbles.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

psst - cntrl-z makes civ look a lot better

@Boco: send me an e-mail with your latest units Dave, your armoured train is long overdue on platform 1.
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

This one shows an amphibious attack by the Kwantung Army on the Shantung penninsula. Naval landing forces backed up by air and naval forces attempt to take control from Chang Ts'ung-chang (the Dog Meat General) who defends with infantry and pirates while bringing up an armored train.
                            Are trains going to be confined to railroads as in Red October?
                            STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Yes. This was really intended as a companion piece for Red October.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                              X