The Great War: Highway to Hell v2 Preview & Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great War: Highway to Hell v2 Preview & Discussion Thread

As some of you might know, I am working on the release edition of the MGE version of my Highway to Hell scenario. Now, as the first PBM test is about to end its testing phase, I have started to redo what I think is wrong.

Attached is the list of the units and the respective file; as some of you might notice, there are still two slots open ... any suggestions?

Engineers
    Spotter Plane
    French Troops (1914)
    French Troops
    BEF
    Kitchener's Army
    Spad.XIII
    Minefield
    Mexican Army

Bolsheviks
    Italian Troops
    Austrian Troops
    German Troops
    Stormtroopers
    Territorial Army
    Ulanen
    Cossacks
    Tank

Sipahi Cavalry
    Chévaliers
    Lt Cruiser
    Arm. Cruiser
    7.7cm Field Artillery
    Barrel
    75mm Field Artillery
    15cm Howitzer
    150mm Howitzer

US Army
    CS Army
    Predreadnought
    Russian Troops
    Ottoman Troops
    Dreadnought
    Battlecruiser
    Superdreadnought
    DD Flotilla

Canadian Troops
    ANZAC Troops
    Black CS Troops
    Reserve Troops
    Freight Ship
    Submersible
    US Marines
    Colonial Troops
    Posion Gas

Police Forces
    Fortress
    (yet free slot)
    Infantry
    Supply Convoy
    (yet free slot)
    FT-17 Char léger
    Fokker/Wright Biplane
    Sopwith Camel

Red Negroe Rebels
    Irish Insurgents
    Mormon Insurgents
    Trench Line (Ger)
    Trench Line (US)
    Trench Line (F)
    Trench Line (UK)
    Trench Line (CS)
    Attached Files

I also need a little help now: For it´s been a little while since I read the Great War series by Harry Turtledove my memory about certain events are fading.

Anyone up to post me some of the major events in the book, at best with its dates? That would help me a lot to fix the events right!

Comment

What's the difference between 15cm Howitzer and 150mm Howitzer? 15cm == 150 mm...
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
        What's the difference between 15cm Howitzer and 150mm Howitzer? 15cm == 150 mm...
        one is allied and one is central powers?
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Creation update:

What´s not done yet: Events (50% yet missing), Unit placement (99% missing), Unit stats (50% yet to adapt), Title.gif.

Well, I guess that´s it - more or less

Comment

Just a minor comment, but I don't think that mined sections of sea/ocean are referred to as minefields... (I could be wrong, though)
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r
              Just a minor comment, but I don't think that mined sections of sea/ocean are referred to as minefields... (I could be wrong, though)
              naval mines sounds too small, naval minefield perhaps
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Information Update

I am almost done now, the units are placed, the events written, minor tweaks done.

I need now someone knowing how to hex-edit my *.scn file a little:

* disable the pollution/global warming thing;

* Hex-edit alliances between Russua, the Confederates, the Allies & the Italians and the Independents (Barbs).

Anyone up to it? The faster it´s done, the faster you´ll get a download
                Attached Files

Comment

Here we go!

I finally got round this one! Please follow this link to get your alternate Turtledovian Great War!

Please report all bugs, flaws, etc. in - so I can take care of it release then

Have fun

Comment

What is the graphical function of the black rectangular frame on top of the shield?
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

It is some kind of frame for the health bar

Comment

Steph the game looks great, I also replied to the PM you sent and left a new suggestion unit over at CDG as a possible replacement for the Marine unit that currently fills the role as police officer.

Comment

Thanks my friend! I posted some kind of reply over @ CDG for you ...

Comment

Glad to say Steph that I should be able to meet your title graphic requirements in the next day or two. I would have it ready sooner but I am a tad busy these days. In any case, I just love how we can finally experience the American invasion of the Sandwhich Islands.

Though I have to admit I was a little sad to see most of Africa lost in the game map, taking away the fighting in the various German and British colonial territories. Oh well, t'was the price to pay for including the Sandwhich Islands I suppose .

Comment

I just realized the CSA has no naval force in the Gulf of California. I think that in the book it was mentioned that the Rebs did have a Pacific fleet of they're own, perhaps not one the size of the American flleet but at least six or seven modern warships to counter the US Navy's 25 or so warships on the Pacific. As it stands now Russia has a larger Pacific fleet in Anchorage Alaska.

If the South doesn't have some means to counter the US Naval presence, I fear it might be too easy for the US to occupy the West Coast of the Confederacy and possibly Mexico as well. Also, I noticed that the number of Confederate warships available available in the Gulf of Mexico on turn one has severly decreased. I thought you had achieved the perfect naval balance the first time around in Highway to Hell, especially since it was always made clear in the books that before 1914 the Gulf of Mexico was a Confederate Lake. Now Cuba seems to be devoid of naval power, it should at least have a destroyer squadron or two as it is an island state it would need an effective coast guard. Also, I think Habana should have a shipyard improvment as I remember Roger Kimball commenting on how quick and efficiently the Cuban engineer's were able to repair the Bonefish while it was in dock in Cuba.

I do like the fact you included Santa Rosalia as a city on the Baja Peninsula however, as well as including the Mexican Army unit.
                              Last edited by Sarsstock; May 16, 2005, 11:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X