The Unit Killed Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unit Killed Trigger

Does the Unit Killed trigger only work for conventional battles, or does it also work for the following other conditions:

1) Disbanded due to lack of shields
    2) Killed in stack or aboard ship
    3) Killed by change terrain
    4) Spy captured
    5) other conditions?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Nay, in MGE it only works when a unit is killed in battle.

Comment

(1) It doesn't trigger if you purposely disband a unit. Having one automatically disband 'should' work the same way?
      (2) Yes for killed in a stack. I think it works the same way for killed on a ship but I'm not completely certain.
      (3) Very much doubt it
      (4) Ditto [Edit: Now that I think about it didn't Alex do something with this in his Spartacus scen?]
      (5) Nuked - Definitely not for a unit 'caught in the blast'. I don't think so if it's the targetted unit either but I can't remember with certainty.

Comment

I dunno about 2. I remember this being a very fickle problem. If the unit in question is being carried by a ship then it won't work. I don't know about land battles.

Comment

I'm pretty sure normal stack-kills do trigger. Those combined-domain kills though (carrier-air?) I'm not so sure about ... and I don't think I've ever seen it applied to air units (has anybody done anything with the US shooting down adm. Yamamoto for ex?) period, or domain 3 units either...
          I'm only going by FW here.

Comment

1) Disbanded due to lack of shields

Nope.

2) Killed in stack or aboard ship

Yes.

3) Killed by change terrain

Nope.

4) Spy captured

Nope.

5) other conditions?

Only if directly involved and is killed in a normal aerial/land/sea battle.

Stacks apply.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
              Nay, in MGE it only works when a unit is killed in battle.
              "our great fearless leader has died! shall we act?
              nope, he wasn't killed in battle so pah!"
              mabe if the unit was the one in the stack that idid the fighting,then it might work, but that pretty much counts as killed in battle,
              what exactly are you trying to do?
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I'm trying to create an unkillable unit that respawns.
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Well I know how to guard against #1 and #4. Make the unit have NON for city association and the civ Democracy.

Comment

Who controls the unit? Harry's idea works for human- but not AI-controlled units. The AI often rehomes NON's. Looks like you're toying with roles to eliminate the shield requirement. Fanatics, Spies, and Traders fit that bill, but they each come with their own constraints. Fanatics, you likely know. Spies can work...if you're willing to limit spies via Game.txt to bribing only, and can put up with a civ bouncing them back to your capital on occasion. Traders work well, unless you bump into a foreign city. Then it's gone with no trigger.

Sounds like the unit is mobile. Is that right? Where do you want the respawn to occur?
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Respawn would be at a fixed location. My question about #4 was if a unit was a spy, and failed a mission, would it regenerate?

Comment

Working...
                      X